TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 How Dr. Sarno Cured My Back - Ted Siedle Interview
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dr. Zafirides

189 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  08:13:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

This week on the podcast, I was honored to interview Edward "Ted" Siedle. Ted had recently written two beautiful articles about Dr. John Sarno for Forbes that SteveO initially posted here.

We talked about his Forbes articles, his struggle with years of chronic pain, how Dr. Sarno helped him to become totally pain-free and the state of pain treatment in Western medicine today.

He was very kind to join me on the program. You can listen to it here:

http://www.thehealthymind.com/2012/12/13/how-dr-john-sarno-cured-my-back-pain-edward-siedle-interview/

I hope you enjoy the interview.

Kindly,
Dr. Zafirides

Peregrinus

250 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  12:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Z:
Great interview! I really think that Ted Siedle's statement that TMS pain is actually a sign of health is worth repeating. If you see it that way then you are over the highest TMS hurdle.
Thanks for sharing your interview with the forum.
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  18:10:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent dr Z. What a great interview! I think most important detail for me was the fact that you & ted both mention the fact that it is enough to acknowledge there is some emotional component involved but not having to identify it. In other words the conscious mind telling the unconsciousness mind 'hey I know there is something going on but I don't need to go into detail about it' is enough. The cure I think lies in the simplicity of this idea which is the basis of Dr Sarno's treatment.

In fact in his books, Sarno has only mentioned psychotherapy to a very small percentage of his patients. His treatment for the majority of his patients has always been to get active & just acknowledge that there is an emotional component . And of course to bring awareness to patients that not all pain is attributed to physical findings.

Mala

Mala Singh Barber. I'm on facebook. Look me up

Edited by - mala on 12/13/2012 18:56:00
Go to Top of Page

LuvtoSew

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2012 :  09:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for posting this.

Its always good to hear and read success stories.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000