TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Introduction & thanks for having me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kajsa

Denmark
144 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  01:05:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

By the way Menvert...
How are you doing? Are you still getting better?

Kajsa
Go to Top of Page

diverlarry

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  05:59:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was doomed to fail when i did the agressive PT becasue i did not truly believe in TMS. My mindset was not right. I was not ready. I think i was looking for that magic bullet that would fix everything. I was angry when it did not work and felt even more hopeless. For other people with the right mindset it could be helpful to them to get over the fear.
I have always lifed weights and excerised and the exercisies were nothing new to me. Now i do some of these same exercises and have no problems at all. What the aggressive PT did for me was to prove to me that special exercises,stretches,etc would NOT help me. It pushed me more in the right direction of programming,anxiety,repressed rage.
Sort of like a kick in the ass. We all need that now and then even if we don't like it.
I will email u MikeC.
Go to Top of Page

Colleen

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  09:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,

I was given the wrong phone number (twice) for Dr. Martinez. Could you send me the correct number. Thanks.
Colleen
Go to Top of Page

MikeC

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  09:32:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Colleen,

Try 617-738-8642. That is his office at ProSports Orthopedics in Brookline which is just west of Boston. He works mainly out of New England Baptist Hospital but he also has offices in Brookline and Dedham. Just a suggestion and I'm not sure why I say this but don't see him at NEBH. I always find hospitals the most depressing places.

Good luck and let me know if I can help out any other way. May I make another suggestion? You may want to make sure you have read MindBody Prescription by Sarno and Back Sense by Siegel. I know your issue is not your back but read it anyway. There is a lot of good information on the psychology of pain.

Best wishes,

Mike C
Go to Top of Page

Colleen

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2005 :  18:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MikeC,

Thanks for the phone number. I did get an appt....and it is at NEBH.....I took it because it was the only appt. left in March and it is the last week of March at that. Believe me, I do know what you mean about Hospitals.....between my Mom's cancer and my own surgery, recovery, etc....I am not a big fan of Hospitals either. My husband will drive me in although I cannot figure out if he truly buys the TMS (he is a Medical Engineer) or he just wants me to get better so much.
I will read the book as you said. Thanks!
Colleen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000