TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Repeating the keys to healing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Harry Segal

15 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2014 :  06:49:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Ace. Another resource I have for every helpful is the audio book Advanced energy anatomy by Carolyn Myss. Harry
Go to Top of Page

gigalos

Netherlands
310 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2014 :  09:57:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...too much excitement even about a good life event can shoot your nerves as well and cause disease...

Don't know if this is a good example, but some time ago I went on a walk with some colleagues. We were joking around and at one point I couldn't stop laughing. My already wobbly legs became spaghetti from the fit of laughter and I had to sit down on the road... I didn't pee my pants luckily...
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  10:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its a great example gigalos. Yes its what ever hypes up your nerves to an extreme level. If someone is used to doing this, it is not obvious sometimes that this is happening.

Balto's input has really helped this list come about. The input of conditioning which really makes everything much more understandable. He made it clear that conditioning is not just about being conditioned to certain movements and activities as Dr. Sarno states in his books, but also emotional conditioning to certain situations that you have encountered in the past time and time again. Like walking to your car, irritation to certain sounds, talking to certain people etc, etc.

I think my list assumes that you have already read healing back pain, I'll see if I can make it simpler and stand alone, but it may make it longer. I try to do this if I have some time

Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2014 :  08:19:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been thinking more about the idea of "strain" caused by positive events ... Ace1 had posted this:

quote:

If I went to Disney world with my kids, I would get pain. The reason was because I was so excited to do all the rides I wanted to hurry and get started to get the most out of my day. I had no fear just excitement about something good, however the strain was so enormous that it let me to pain. I have a different approach now and I don't get those symptoms. This shows you how intense I was and how I wanted to do more than I could humanity do.

Lately I've been involved in a new work situation which I've felt QUITE excited about, at times, and I've noticed my symptoms have really ramped up! I'm quite sure it's the excitement (overarousal / overstimulation) which is exacerbating my TMS, even though I've considered it a GOOD stress (eustress?), it's not a really healthy one, for me... So I really appreciate your "Disney" example, Ace1. For me, it IS the strain itself, NOT fear.

Also, while I'm here, I came across a great quote in a book called 'The Insomnia Solution' by Michael Krugman:

"Intentional deep breathing can create a feeling of strain or effort. As a result, deep breathing may produce more stress than it relieves. Light, easy breathing is effortless. It counteracts the effects of stress. It brings you pleasure and peace."

This goes back to Ace1's "You can't fix a strain with another strain" !!

Thanks, Ace1 ... I continue to make progress, slow though it may be. I've appreciated all your help.

~RSR

Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2014 :  16:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks RSR,
I'm really proud of you. You have continued to open your eyes to these concepts and you will definetly be rewarded with continued improvements in your health. You will start to know that what is written here are facts that can be proven in ones own self, not just nebulous statements. It just takes a lot of practice to be able to see it and is a process of usually years not weeks to get good at it. Please keep me updated on your progress.
Go to Top of Page

stocktrader

30 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2014 :  18:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello ACE1,

I just wanted to inform you that I am continuing to make progress. My life has change thanks to you, John Kehoe and "The Law of Attraction" subject. Since August of last year (2013)I have practice and practice your affirmations everyday without missing a day. At the same time I have carry the message to other people who I suspect that is suffering from TMS. I religiously follow your keys as instructed. I am now more calmed relaxed, patient, an confident on every aspect of my life, from the moment I wake up in the morning to the night. I pray everyday to have positive thoughts and happiness all day. Happiness first, and health will follow! I am confident that I will heal completely.

I hope you are getting better too ACE. How much progress have you made? What is your current status?

Stocktrader

"I am calmed relaxed, patient, and confident"
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2014 :  11:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ST,
Thank you for the feedback and Im very happy your improving. I'm very impressed. Please continue to keep me updated on your progress. I'm what doc sarno would call cured, but still get some symptoms. I continue to get to a better and better state though, but only with continued practice. My vision continues to get better, but still flucutates a lot. Just dont give up, keep practicing.

In response to RSR about breathing, breathing deeply in general is not as important and preventing pauses in the breathing and stopping shallow breathing when you are strained. So maintaing continous breathing in the setting of a mentally strained or conditioned event can be very helpful in preventing further straining with your body.
Go to Top of Page

Wally

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2014 :  21:21:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ace1. You're my hero! I have been referring to this post from you on the other Forum(the wiki one) which I'm on regularly (member Colly). I would love it if you could bring this to the forum as it has helped me enormously. I can't thank you enough!
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2014 :  18:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Wally,

Thank you for the compliment. Your welcome, I'm glad this list has helped you This is why I wrote this list in the first place, in order to help people like yourself. Your welcome to cut and paste my list on to the other forum. I'm not a member of that forum. They have enough tms experts over there. I don't have so much time, so I just check this one periodically. If they have questions they'll know to find me on this forum. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing of your continued success.
Go to Top of Page

Wally

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2014 :  03:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I completely understand; I participate mainly on the other forum, but without stumbling on this one, and your post, my recovery would have stalled. I've posted a link to your keys to healing, and received many thanks from others, as it continues to help others. It should be on a billboard in every city's main square! Thank you thank you!!
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  16:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW, none of this actually takes away your pain. Just in FYI
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  16:23:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Shawn, this does take away your pain if you practice enough, but it's hard especially if your deep into pain. It's like a fish that doesn't know its in water because it's always in water. Your main goal is to try to calm your nervous system and break conditioned habits without doing anything about your symptoms. Trying not to get your tasks of daily life over with, but by letting them take all the time in the world and being ok with that. Then you must do this for a peroid of years in a case like yours. When I told you it would take years of continued practice you called it a nocebo. I still wish you the best and hope you get out of your symptoms.
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2014 :  08:32:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ace,

thanks for your latest post ... always helps!
I continue to progress. Dr has definitely ruled out anything serious. My symptoms go up and down ... sometimes severe and attention-demanding, other times quite light and hardly noticeable. Even happy-excited stress will exacerbate. But perhaps the most interesting thing is what you articulated... that it is like a fish being in water .. the stress and nervous system is so tremendously activated and all-pervasive on a chronic (24/7) level, it just feels SO "normal" to me.

One thing that I have found helpful lately is tai chi chih. It has given me a different "reference point" for what my body can actually feel like and so I am more aware of being that "fish" !!

thanks again ... good to see you pop in here. your advice and encouragement continues to help :o)

RSR
Go to Top of Page

danny.p

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2014 :  07:25:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Ace1, i recently stumbled across this site and found your original posting very helpful and am practicing the suggested mindpower techniques (its seems like i spend most of my day doing so). I also am in tne middle of reading Dr. Sarnos "the Divide Mind" in the hopes of finally educating myself to feeling better. Thanks again for sharing you have reached another!!
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2014 :  16:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi rsr, I'm glad it's helpful. Continue to practice and remember conditioned situations especially when the symptoms are bad.

Danny I'm happy I have been helpful to you. Don't forget to use mind power techniques as tools to help you reach a more relaxed state as opposed to just doing them. Use them in conjunction of the concepts presented in the rest of the list. Keep it up and use your symptoms to signify that you are , at that time, in a conditioned situation that you need to break, with the most common conditioned situation is the need to be in a rush. Keep me updated on your progress.
Go to Top of Page

stocktrader

30 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2014 :  11:12:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Ace,

Here goes my update.I am continuing to make progress day by day. My life has change thanks to Dr. Sarno, Dr. Claire Weekes, John Kehoe, Balto and you.I have been practicing and practicing your affirmations everyday without missing a day. At the same I pass the message to other people who I suspect that is suffering from TMS. I keep following your keys as instructed. As time goes by I am more calmed relaxed, patient, and confident on every aspect of my life, from the moment I wake up in the morning to the night. As always I pray to have positive thoughts and happiness all day. I am very confident on everything I do now. My mind and body is in more in peace as times goes by.

My daily plan is as follow:

Morning: 10 minutes of affirmations once I wake up before getting up from bed.

Afternoon: 10 minutes of visualizations, I imagine that I am at a beach in Cancun.

Night: 10 minute of affirmations in bed before falling asleep.

During the day I also use the affirmation when something is bothering me psychologically or when symptoms pop up temporarily.

Affirmations I use: " I am calm relaxed, patient, and confident" and "I forgive and let go easily"

I accept and accept my symptoms and stop fearing as Balto has suggested.

Sources that have help me:
"Healing Back Pain" by Dr Sarno (for TMS knowledge).

"Hope and Help for your Nerves" by Dr. Claire Weekes (to accept symptoms and stop fearing them).

"Mind Power into the 21st Century" by John Kehoe (to practice The Law of Attraction and affirmations).

"Repeating the keys to healing" by Ace1 (The plan to healing). http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7765

Ace,how is your healing journey going? I am assuming that you keep practicing your keys too. How is Balto doing?

Stocktrader

"I am calmed relaxed, patient, and confident"

Edited by - stocktrader on 09/14/2014 11:16:28
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2014 :  11:29:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi st,
I'm so glad to hear this! Are your symptoms consistently improving too? They should improve as your nervous system quiets down. If not, then a reassessment is in place. Yes I continue to reach a better state everyday. My vision and resistance to infection is getting better. My ability to see my strain and relax it is better. This process of healing is a long term plan. As you become more advanced you'll be able to stop the strain to a stimulus without the use of the affirmation. You can still say the affirmations but what I'm saying is you'll become more of a master of your mind to be able to do this even without at some point. I think the affirmations are very important when your just starting out. Also always make sure that the affirmations serve their purpose of helping to calm the nervous systems stimulation to its environment. Keep up the good work and keep me updated.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2015 :  18:07:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried to revise my list and add a little more. Maybe I can reach more people. My old list is still under my success story if they like it better.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2015 :  07:35:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is awesome!! Very kind of you to post for everyone. :)
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2015 :  07:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: