TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 yoga hurts?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

meluveitie

23 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2012 :  13:24:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If yoga relaxes the mind and body (tension-wise), then shouldn't this be synergistic with resolving TMS? I find it exacerbates my pelvic pain. Anyone else with this issue?

SteveO

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2012 :  14:08:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It's not necessarily synergistic if the underlying issues remain. Remember, the idea is not to get rid of the pain, but to take the reason away, or to rise above it.

Yoga is a mindbody tool. Any tool that exacerbates TMS has become a trigger. But that too can be overcome with TMS work. The yoga is not causing your pain, but is part of a conditioned response.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2012 :  14:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remember as Steve said your goal is to fix the psychological factors and the pain will fade on its own accord. If you read dr Sarno's work very carefully, he says when the pain is gone or almost gone then you need to see if your afraid of doing things and then overcome these fears. Now the problem lies that it sometimes may be hard to figure out what is bothering us, or if we do find out, it may be hard to change. This is were affirmations, self talk and visualizations help to achieve your goal. Let me also give you a tip. A lot of times if your in pain and you dont know why, it is because you are being impatient or just trying to get the present moment or task over with. Therefore you have to learn to be happy and ok with the present moment and task and take your time with it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000