TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 Big Victory!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Craig Clark

6 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  12:53:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can say that I am encouraged about my progress. I have no idea what number to put to it but I would say 80 percent! This is huge because a few months ago I was using a walker and had to have wheelchairs meet me on my way from Germany to the US. I did a lot of soul searching this summer and came to realize that my body was just tired of sucking it up and pretending I could take it and take it and take it. I have read and reread book after book, ordered the Mind/Body Prescription dvd, been in my journal, been in my journal, been in my journal, been in my journal, and have spent a lot of time thinking about what I can learn from all of this. Well fast forward a few weeks and an understanding that it takes time, and I don't know how much, to undo 40 years of bad, terrible, and good experiences that brought me to today. I am not ashamed of this at all as I am finally getting to know myself on a very deep level. One big victory to share is I rode a stationary bike today three times 15 minutes each. Saturday I was on for 5. Must move forward and forward even when it seems like 2 steps forward 1 step back. Soon...very soon it will be a done deal. When will it happen? I am not sure but I know it will. Hope this encourages you. Celebrate as you go. Not always big steps but the smallest. It adds up.

guej

115 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2011 :  10:44:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Must be the hurricane, but normally these types of posts get lots of well wishes! I'm very glad for you. I totally agree that you have to count the small victories (15 minutes on a stationary bike). They will soon become the new "normal" and you'll move on to take bigger steps. If it's any consolation, I remember when walking one block from my house was a huge victory. I ran 3 miles today, with a huge smile on my face, because that was such a far-fetched dream a few years ago when I could barely get off my couch. You wouldn't believe how many people succumb to the "I'll be in chronic pain for the rest of my life" diagnosis or thoughts. By trying, you're already setting yourself apart from that life. If you have set-backs, don't be discouraged. Keep regaining your life one step at a time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000