TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 tms success
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chris

2 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  16:25:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everyone. i'm new to this forum, but happy to share my experiences with Dr. Sarno's theory. I first picked up the book about two years ago. I had had the usual low back pain experience on an off for a few years. My story is very typical of what I have been reading in the last few days doing internet research. Anyway, my back was absolutely great for over a year, up until early Nov. 04. One sunday i decided to go for a long bike ride...not unusual for me in general terms, but the first one in a few months. My wife and i have a saying that we invoke occasionally for times like that-"well, we haven't overdone it lately". Of course, this time i did. Or so i thought.
anyway, the following day, all the old back pain returned. and, being a person of very short memory at times, i did not pick up my copy of dr sarno's book and review it. instead, i did all the stuff you do when you think there is something physically wrong- rest, exercises for the back, chiropractor visits, heat, cold, inversion table, you name it. well, progress was slow, to say the least. and it was frustrating. being the typical tms patient, i allowed my anxieties to get ahead of me to the point where i had myself convinced that back surgery would end up being the answer.
fortunately, last sunday night i remembered dr. sarno's book. it took a while to find it, but as soon as i had spent a half hour with it, i could feel the pain start to dissipate. since then i have done all the physical things that i would normally do- working, running, skiing, lifting heavy objects, shoveling snow etc. this week i have spent quite a bit of time on the net looking at websites such as this one. everytime i see more validation of dr sarno's work, i feel even better. the relief is real! i hope someone in the medical/science community can come up with a way to scientifically validate this theory-it would save everyone a lot of time, trouble and expense if we could get mainstream acceptance. unfortunately, many people would lose their livelihoods in the back (s)care industry!

Tunza

New Zealand
198 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  19:51:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Chris and thanks for sharing your sucess with us. Every positive story helps people on the forum to undo the "medical hexing" (that's Dr Andrew Weil's term for pessimism that healthcare practitioners often dole out.

I too have had success with back pain and now I'm working on the arm, shoulder and knee pains that have restricted my life.

Kat from New Zealand
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000