TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Mindbody symptom - bruising
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fibri

Belgium
56 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  10:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last few weeks I have been astonished at how fast my thoughts and emotions could trigger a physical reaction. I also believe that the number of conditions that can manifest is way more than Dr Sarno's lists.

Earlier today I was making a bed. To cut a very long story short I was preparing the bed for a house guest who is coming soon and who is not welcome. I started to feel very angry that I "had" to make this bed. I was feeling deep resentment against this person and the fact that I was going to have to welcome them into my home.

As I smoothed the sheet on the bed I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my hand. I looked down and saw before my eyes a vein on the back of my hand was growing and blood was collecting in a lump under the skin: a burst blood vessel. Within seconds, I had a lump about half an inch in diameter, filled with blood.

I put an ice pack on it for half an hour, and some arnica and it's fine now - there's no lump and you can see barely any skin discoloration. I know as sure as I'm sitting here that this came because I resented what I had to do (with my hands!), and that this symptom was a manifestation of my anger and resentment.

I know it's no coincidence because it's not the first time in the past weeks that I've had such a dramatic reaction to my thoughts, but it never fails to amaze me how strong the mindbody connection really is.

And each time I tell my brain that I won't be fooled by its tricks, it finds a "new" symptom to distract me. In a funny way, I kind of admire its cunning :-)

SarnoFan

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  21:12:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess it is like an inflammatory reaction. Swelling, hemmorhoids, allergic reactions, etc. can be physical reactions to TMS (stress or anxiety).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000