TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Michael Jackson
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scorsese

23 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2009 :  00:56:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michael Jackson's chronic pain was classic TMS.Very sad that the medical establishment got him hooked on painkillers that lead to his death.

Piano5

29 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  10:05:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I agree that Michael was very troubled and probably had huge amounts of stress, among other problems, I feel as if his death was related to the countless surgeries, drugs, skin injections, etc.

Off topic: I can't believe how the media is cooing over his death after labeling his as psychotic (nicknamed Wacko Jacko)for a decade. It makes me so mad how these publications and TV channels are grasping for money in whatever way they can. The man had problems. I respect the man, and know it's not his fault that he was attracted to children, and that he shouldn't be chastised for that, but let's face facts.

MJ was not a true musician, but IMO he was legendary performer, dancer, and singer. I cherish his music and feel deep sorrow for his placement in the environment that he was subjected to as a youth.

Edited by - Piano5 on 07/01/2009 10:11:24
Go to Top of Page

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  09:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
saying MJ is not a "true" musician is a load of hogwash, He wrote hundreds of songs that millions and millions of people all over the world were affected by.
the fact that he was not "trained" in the European-classical music education traditions means nothing.
musicianship is evaluated in the context that is exists in, and not the minds of "experts" that decide what is music and what is not.
how much music have YOU written that has been enjoyed by a majority of humans on the planet?
it's true he was not an instrumentalist, but to say he's not a musician is ludicrous and ignorant.
get with it, singers, drummers(me), rappers, and others that are not ruled by european church music ARE musicians whether you like it or not.
Go to Top of Page

Nor

152 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  20:20:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh...hello? He was an entertainer, a good one. That's it. Should we "mourn"? Please. Yawn.

How about we mourn all the 19 year-olds dying to save our asses in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I know this is way off topic to TMS but I'm so sick of this country's priorities. We care way too much about all this crap. Just needed to say it.
Go to Top of Page

sarita

130 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  06:21:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the moon walk
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  09:42:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MJ was clearly a psychological mess. No doubt his neuroses were at least partially due to childhood abuse. The sad fact is that he had doctors at his disposal at all times to treat the symptoms, ultimately resulting in a narcotic dependency that likely killed him.

Nevertheless nobody can take away the fact that he is a cultural phenomenon and will go down in history as one of the greatest performers of our time.

Michael is also proof that all the money and success in the world cannot take away the pain.
Go to Top of Page

Plantweed

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  10:43:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remember when he was having chronic back issues that started right before his trial? Classic TMS.
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  10:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Plantweed, yes, I do remember right before the trial, he was seen in wheelchairs, couldn't walk. I remember his trial getting delayed due to "back issues" and all I could think to myself was: "classic TMS" kicking in due to all the pressures he was about to face in court for his malfeciance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000