TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 moved; sudden severe allergies, asthma
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

windy

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  16:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a former TMS'er (got rid of "fibromyalgia" in early '03 based on my research of Sarno) I am now riddled with horrible dust mite allergies following a move to a new apartment.
I know the "culprit" is dust mites based on allergy testing. At first I though I was allergic to my boyfriend's 2 cats who have joined us in this move.
Here's the clinker, for my entire adult life I have lived alone and now I am in a serious relationship and this move is the first time I'm living with a mate. There was dust, carpet, bedding in my last apartment. So can something be sooooo different in the dust, carpet, bedding of this apartment, which, is actually only 1.5 miles from where I'd previously lived.

I'm thinking that the emotional ramfications/surpressed fear of this move have sudden severe allergy symptoms.
Sound likely?

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  17:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes!

Takes a bit of adjustment, living with somebody else.

All the best with overcoming the allegies.

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

Peg

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  21:20:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I'm thinking that the emotional ramfications/surpressed fear of this move have sudden severe allergy symptoms.
Sound likely?"

I think it sounds very likely. As you said you've been exposed to dust mites before.

This is a big life change for you. Even positive changes can create stress. I would do some writing about it.

"As a former TMS'er"

I don't mean to be a downer but all I can think of when I see this comment is..........
Once a TMSer, always a TMSer. Myself included.

Good luck
Peg

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei
Go to Top of Page

kilton

38 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  15:17:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, dust mites are everywhere. They're impossible to get rid of.

You sure it's not the cats?
Go to Top of Page

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  09:44:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since you seem suspicious that it does have an emotional component, why not try to treat it that way? You have had a change in life circumstances and that requires adjustment for sure--it would for me! Esp. with another person! LOL

As others said, dust mites are indeed everywhere. If you now seem to be sensitive to them (or whatever else that you weren't before) you need to address WHY. I have cleaned out a lot of emotional trash in the past years, and addressed things I buried in the past that often festered into physical things. I used to be allergic to some stuff (cats included-my former MIL had them and I disliked going there so there's my reason for the allergy!) that no longer affects me, so I know doing TMS work works!

-Lori
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000