TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS & Insomnia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

seimon_23

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  13:20:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all. I'd be interested to know if there are any other TMS sufferers out there who, like me, also have to contend with bouts of insomnia. I'm not talking about sleeplessness caused by pain but a genuine inability to fall / stay asleep. I've had this problem long before I developed bad back / knees / RSI but, after reading about TMS, I'm wondering whether insomnia is another manifestation of that condition. Many thanks for your experiences.

mk6283

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  13:44:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TMS! (Or "anxiety" if you prefer.) Early morning awakenings especially.

Best,
MK
Go to Top of Page

Alpha

Germany
43 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  16:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could be TMS, but it also can just be a result of poor lifestyle.
Try exercising in the morning, tr to get as much natural sunlight as possible, try to wake up and go to bed the same time every day if possible.
Quit your mind with some meditation. No TV or Computer 2 hours prior to bed.

:)

-----
"Fear Not. What is not real, never was and never will be. What is real, always was and cannot be destroyed." - - from the Bhagavad Gita
Go to Top of Page

kelvin

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  23:18:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This book helped my insomnia:
"Say Goodnight to Insomnia" by Gregg Jacobs.

Kelvin G

Additional TMS files and links http://kelvin.gunnells.net (may not work with FireFox browser)
Go to Top of Page

windy

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  08:11:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Say Goodnight to Insomnia is a great book.

video or plain ipod in bed helps a lot, too. It makes the wakeful time incredibly pleasant and relaxing so that you fall back to sleep.
Go to Top of Page

AmyAJJ

98 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  10:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've started repeating: "I'm sleeping" (to myself or just under my breath) as I'm laying in bed. What this does is get your subconscious mind working to do the same. If that's what the subconscious believes its doing, it'll focus on that instead of other things that might keep you awake. It's a present declaration of your intentions. I've started doing this for the last 2 nights and it's been helping me not wind up staying up until 3 am. Why not give it a try?

Edited by - AmyAJJ on 03/17/2008 10:55:46
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  22:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes...

For the last few years since divorce and living alone, I've occasionally found myself awake with a gnawing feeling that can easily start manifesting as symptoms. I've taken to keeping my audio iPod right there in the bed plugged into mini-speakers. I have all kinds of stuff, but mainly Eckhart Tolle talks, which put me right back to sleep usually. In fact there are a few I have never heard the end of.

Seimon, the book people are mentioning, Say Goodnight to Insomnia, is a good, TMS-influenced book about insomnia, and I read it but didn't do the program.

x

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  23:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was just cruising youTube and I found this video of Paramhansa Yogananda explaining how to sleep correctly (from 1936).

This is a must-see!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=feh3wPk3oCo&feature=related

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000