TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Thanks Dave, Mala andTennis Tom
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  16:45:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like to update you as to what has transpired since my last post on Nov. 18. After rereading “The book” (many years later) and reading your kind responses, I now can say without a doubt that my toe(s) diagnosis of RSD is TMS. I would like to quote from “The Book” regarding sympathetic nerve blocks “In a second paper they reported that blocking the sympathetic nerves (part of the autonomic system) to the painful mussels of patients would cause the pain to disappear. The nerve block allowed the blood supply of those mussels to return to normal."I want to also acknowledge from the book “The symptom will return when the drug is withdrawn or, more problematic something will develop to take it’s place. If you thwart that purpose by taking away the symptom with out dealing with its cause, the brain will simply find a substitute symptom or disorder.” What I’m going to say next may frustrate you. I'm going to keep my appointment for my next shot as the last one did give me lasting pain relief so far. Don’t worry; I don’t take the shot seriously. I completely understand why this shot worked as it brought back oxygen to my painful toes even if temporary. I welcome my TMS to move to a different location if it must, but it won’t fool me anymore! I'm looking forward to buying new pretty shoes again. I am focusing on my many inner rages daily and actually starting to feel a little better. It may even be almost gone by the time I see Dr. Sarno Dec. 7th I'm that positive.

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!
Holly

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000