TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Herniated Disc Article
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sensei adam rostocki

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  15:50:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently had this article published: http://ezinearticles.com/?id=636138 The article is not on my site and I am not making any money from it, so I did not think anyone would mind if I posted the link. Hope you all enjoy it. - Sensei

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG

stanfr

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  16:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A good overview Sensei, but i wish i had a better idea of what a disc herniation really represents--pathology or normal aging. I had a couple on my MRI a decade ago, wish i had unlimited funds so i could get another (im curious if the herniations are still there, since ive been scaitica-free for those years). If disc herniations can cause pain then i don't see how Sarno can analogize them to wrinkles or grey hair. You don't get those things from physical trauma, either. I wonder how disc herniations "resolve themselves" as apparently they do. This almost makes them sound like transient things, sort of like warts! If that is the case, maybe they can be directly influenced by psychological states, as opposed to being the "red herring" of TMS. It's puzzling to me.
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  17:00:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a nice article. I have one suggestion though -- you say "For patients with severe psychosomatic back pain, there is little hope..." because they have never been diagnosed. That sounds more discouraging than you mean it to be. If I were you I might write that "Because most patients with ... have never been proprely diagnosed, they are unlikely to recover using the prescribed treatments" or something like that, and then explain there are other treatments that will work for them.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000