TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 It's Still Working
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  04:17:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't been around the forum for a while. Thought I would check in and say this stuff is still working most excellently for me.

I feel as though I am working through a million lifetimes of addiction to symptoms, at times. Because my condition was 30 years of fibromyalgia, the migration of the symptoms is quite dramatic. There is nothing in most of the books about what I am dealing with today. But I have adopted a kind of ornery cynicism towards my so-called "illness" which has mostly replaced my ornery cynicism about TMS theory and the possibility of cure.

I'd say I believe 89.5% that I am moving towards full recovery.

I look better all the time - people are always commenting. This is, of course, the only really important thing!

Love to you all. You are all so brilliant. I just read the thread with the Star Trek analogy and was quite thrilled at the level of the conversation.

love Katie xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  04:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yes, and btw, if you want to see a case study in TMS, watch Wimbledon. The players drop like flies from various back problems when they are stressed. You can see their faces in the close-ups and I find I can sort of learn by some kind of transmission in watching the ones who fold and let their bodies "take over" with problems, versus those who keep pushing through and either win or at least stay competitive.

A lot of my recovery has been a kind of resucitation of my inner male, and allowing my inner male to be more than just a mental faculty (always had that), but allowing a physical maleness to be part of my make-up. Having been yer basic wimpy feminine (sicko) fairy all my life, this has been quite a breakthrough.

Oh yes, and did anyone watch the NBA play-offs in which there was what the commentators called the "fashionable new disease of the NBA" (something to do with achilles heels).

No, I don't watch sports all the time, I swear. I'm very busy and important, really.

xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question

Edited by - Wavy Soul on 07/06/2007 04:34:23
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  09:17:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy to hear you are doing well, Wavy. Your posts are always good to read.

I also experienced people telling me I was looking much better after I lost the pain. I think pain puts a kind of fragile, pale, worried appearance on us that goes rapidly away when we have hope and success dealing with it. These days I feel healthy and robust and am learning the athletic capabilities of my body, which I had never really explored before. It's a nice feeling.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

miehnesor

USA
430 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  12:52:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TMS can make us feel helpless and hopeless but as we start recovering those feelings become replaced with empowerment. Good work Wavy and Armchair on your progress.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000