TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 sore chest
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  13:35:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hesitate to use the forum as a medical sounding board, and yet this place is full of intelligent, thoughtful people, each of whom happily enough, has a body of their own with all the attendant life time of experience that goes with it.

Yikes, did I just say all that?

Here's the deal...I've a sore chest. Very raw feeling. No coughing, no phlegm, or any other symptoms. Just a sore chest. Can this be brought on by pollen? I've had it on and off in the past. Sometimes I'll feel it when I begin a run, but run through it as the pain gradually subsides...It's a very dry day here in southern massachusetts, and probably lots of pollen in the air. I just went for a swim at the "Y" where it felt much better (moisture around the pool area?) now that I'm home, it's hurting again..

Any help, advice, suggestion be greatly appreciated...

A,

Edited by - art on 07/02/2007 13:35:57

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  14:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Art,

If I understand your description correctly, that your lungs are feeling raw inside, then that's a symptom that I've had off and on since the beginning of the TMS stuff that doctors told me was Fibro. I generally tend to get the raw sensation when I am feeling overwhelmed by too much to do and angry about the resistance of family members to assist. The more tired I feel, the worse the raw feeling becomes, probably because the more tired I feel the more angry and emotionally hurt I feel about the whole situation.

I live in an area where pollen and allergies are a major issue for just about everyone. It's an agricultural area in the California valley and when we moved here from the mountains, where the air quality was better, my "allergies" really got worse. Even my pets developed allergies severe enough that I took my dog to the vet for steroid shots a few times. My husband developed what's been dx as Asthma and my son's allergies got worse.

BUT, since learning of TMS last year, my "allergic reactions" have improved considerably. They're not totally gone yet, but they're significantly diminished, even on days when the pollen is so bad that nearly everything in town is literally covered by a yellow-green dust. A related issue, multiple chemical sensitivities, which also seemed to be a trigger for the raw feeling at times (until I learned about TMS), is also nearly gone. I've had the shifting symptoms that goes along with addressing the TMS, with some things worsening as others improve, but I'm glad that the rawness is one of the symptoms that is not being used by my unconcious mind these days.

I won't say that all allergies are TMS, but I'm sure it would be a good idea to look inside and see if you can find an emotional trigger. Hope you're rid of this sore chest soon.

Corey
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  14:53:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cory,

Amazing, that this psychosomatic stuff can take so many different forms. I wondered this morning, because I was trying to shave(always a dicy proposition anyway), and suddenly realized that the new beard trimmer I was using had cleared a 1 inch swatch right down to the skin. It looked like an interstate highway in the middle of my beard. Naturally, I was quite annoyed and it was at that moment that I realized my chest was sore...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000