TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 the fear factor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  09:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx wrldtrv,
It helps to know someone understands..It is a very painful disorder and I have to work on it almost daily lately..If it's not one thing, it's another..The TMS is moving all over the place and on top of it, I am forever worrying about something in my body..I am surprised Dr. Sarno doesn't touch on this, but after all, he touchs on sooo much..and I guess we can deduce what he might say about hypochondriasis..
Hugs,
Karen

Thanks Tom...It does help to remind myself of that...:))
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  12:49:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've written before to the effect that I believe that for many tms'ers there's a strong element of hypochondriasis...I do not believe one can become healed (or more important even a reasonably happy person) til that's been dealt with...

If you're living in fear, you're not fully living...

Edited by - art on 04/02/2007 12:51:28
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  13:24:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx Art...Thank goodness I don't live like this every single day..It comes in waves depending upon the severity of symptoms..I am sure the emotional part plays the biggest role...
Go to Top of Page

justme

63 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  20:13:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen/Singer Artist-

Could you describe your chest pain to me? I have a sensation behind my sternum that sometimes feels like one of the following:
pain
lump in the throat
tightness
a clenching
palpitations (sometimes)

It seems to emanate from behind the sternum but I can also feel it is a muscular tightness in the chest muscles (as if I had worked out)

Even though I have been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia I do not think this is the source of my symptoms - mainly because meds for that dont even work, and I know it was precipitated by significant emotions that I was unable to express for an extended period of time.

Thanks,

Justme

Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  21:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Justme,
The pains I get in the chest vary alot..Sometimes they are in the upper chest and basically sharp, sudden and shooting..They come and go quickly..Other times they are below the breast bone..or right in the center..aching or sharp when they are there..I don't get palpitations too often, occasionally I get a skipped beat..I don't have tightness or clenching..

I have definitely noticed a correlation to stress, especially relationship stress and these pains..I went to a cardiologist when it was at it's worst and passed the stress test and EKG..I don't smoke and don't have high blood pressure or diabetes so he said I am fine, it's just stress..I don't have any risk factors..I sooo understand having to repress certain emotions for a long time..I have been there, still am in certain ways..I hope you feel better very soon..Chest pains of any sort are very scary..
Hugs and God bless,
Karen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000