TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 My First Post
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikescott_98

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  10:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just finished reading The Divided Mind. Thank you Dr. Sarno....AGAIN!
I found out about Dr. Sarno in 1996 from an unusual source... Howard Stern's book "Miss America". I then located "Mind Over Back Pain" and ever since, I have been trying to convince people that (I believe) have TMS, to read his books. I often find it hard to believe a person would rather have surgery than read a few hundred pages of a book, but I have seen it happen more than once. I can usually get people to watch an old VHS of Sarno on 20/20 back in 1998, but I still get the response "yeah, but my back pain is real, the doctor says it is _________. I know I don't need to since I already have the book, but I will probably buy "the Divided Mind" CD when it is released next month. It is usually easier to let people borrow the audio version!

I no longer worry about pain in back, feet, shoulder, elbows or wherever else it has appeared in the past. My next step is convincing my mind that my sinus infections and acid reflux are also caused by TMS.

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  10:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sinus infections and acid reflux are all TMS equivalents. I am sure you will do well.

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  21:53:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ms98 said: My next step is convincing my mind that my sinus infections and acid reflux are also caused by TMS.

I've had my share of sinus infections.

So, if the root cause of a sinus infection is the brain [TMS], then what does the brain do to the sinus to cause this? Is the mechanism decreased blood flow [like in LBP]? Is the mechanism closing the sinus openings? Is it causing the cilia to stop their rythmic movements?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Take care, -Stryder

[Woo hoo, post number 500!]
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  23:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Congratulations on your 500th post TMS comrade! Well done! You've given a lot of sound advice.
Go to Top of Page

Suz

559 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  07:10:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
I just got over Insomnia over the last week (after talking to Sarno about it being an equivalent) - I woke up with hip pain the next morning which I promptly laughed at!
Now, I have swollen glands and feel awful with the beginnings of a sinus infection. This TMS is unbelievable.

What do you do when you get the sinus infection? It is hard to ignore and I absolutely refuse to take more antibiotics. I am trying to not think about it and keep thinking psychologically.
Go to Top of Page

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  14:01:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whenever I've had dental x-rays, ct scans and mri's of my head, I've always been told I have a sinus infection. I always have post-nasal drip and have been put on antibiotics numerous times for these supposed sinus infections, but when I saw an allergist he did a rhinoscopy, where they use a small camera to look at the inside of your sinuses and he told me I don't have an actual infection, I just have chronic inflammation. He blamed it on allergies, but I declined to have the series of allergy shots he recommended. So it seems quite possible to me that TMS could be the source of sinus inflammation that doctors assume to be an infection when there may not be an actual infection (bacterial overgrowth) at all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000