TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Journaling/Fred Amir
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fs1epop

France
9 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  16:00:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

Can I just ask the folks here...what they did exactly when they refer to journaling. I find Sarno's books a bit vague with regard to what exactly one should do.

As I understand it you write down all the things that are bothering you, what you are angry about and what you think you are angry about and then review that every day?

Is that other people's understanding.

Also - does anybody have any opinions about Fred Amir's book and the techniques he suggests. I really liked his book but I find some of his techniques may not be the best for me, as someone who puts a lot of pressure on himself anyway. They're very "pressure on", Anthony Robbins style which isn't alway good for TMS types I feel.

But if anybody has had any success with it I'd really like to hear.

Allan

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  19:26:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found Fred Amir’s book very helpful.

In one of his chaptars, he suggests setting short-term and long-term goals in challenging the pain. That is, for example, if the pain in one’s leg is so intense that it makes it difficult to walk without periods of rest, then set goals of increasing the number of steps before one has to rest.

Allan.

Go to Top of Page

sensei adam rostocki

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  20:19:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I wrote, I did it train of thought. I started with anything at all that was on my mind at the time. The more I wrote, the deeper those thoughts penetrated into my mind. I found the pen often writing almost by itself. I was surprised to find some of the topics that I covered. They were things I was not even conscious of remembering till I began writing. I used no plan, system or formality in my writing, just thoughts and fragments. I wrote a lot... After a few consecutive days without finding anything more to write, I stopped. I have not had any pain, nor have I written anything in a long time. Sensei

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG

Edited by - sensei adam rostocki on 03/27/2007 20:20:51
Go to Top of Page

Alpha

Germany
43 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  16:11:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sensei adam rostocki: Can you elaborate a little bit further about your journaling style?
Where you writing about anything on your mind or about anything which could be linked to painful emotions?
How long was a normal writing session?
How could you enter a state, where you had the impression, that the pain was writing almost by itself, furthermore, about things you were not counsicously aware of before??? This never happened to me, i wanne learn this trick :)

You conquered all the pain with this "intuitive journaling"?
Would you discribe your Tms as mild or severe?

I am really interested about this! :)

-----
As you think, so shall you become. - Bruce Lee
Go to Top of Page

sensei adam rostocki

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  10:10:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alpha, I suffered with EXTREMELY severe lower back pain that was debilitating for 18 years. I also experienced psychosomatic stomach sensitivity, wrist pain, knee pain and headaches on and off most of my life. I got fed up with all the medical and alternative treatments after paying for tens of thousands of dollars worth, out of my own pocket, as my pain got steadily worse instead of better. I researched mind body interaction which eventually led me to Dr. Sarno's work, amongst others. I was also lucky enough to see Dr. Sarno here in NY. Just to clarify it so there are no doubts...MY PAIN WAS SEVERE.

I read all the usual books over and over and really took time to think about the treatment. I spent my time writing whatever was on my mind, past, present or future. I was especially careful to think about all my failings, insecurities, relationships (business, personal, romantic, family) and anything that stood out in my mind. As I traced the chronology of my life, I discovered my mind swtiching to things I had never thought about before and experienced emotional reactions from these things. I kept myself open emotionally to FEEL how each of these events affected me. It was very therapeutic. I worked this way for a few months, although I did get much better in a few weeks. I had a few minor set backs, same as eveyone, when the pain returned and the doubt of the entire mind/body process crept back into my brain. Of course, it was difficult to completely repudiate the 18 years of horrific suffering, as well as the well documented degenerative changes and injuries in my spine.

Well, to make a long story short(er), I completely recovered and have been in the best health of my life since. This experience affected me to such a huge degree that I wrote my book and vowed to share my experiences to help others in the same situation. I founded my website and began writing everyday, in the hopes that it would reach a large audience who have experienced the same type of unresolved, treatment-resistant back pain I had suffered from. I also expanded the site to cover a large number of psychosomatic pain syndromes, from fibromyalgia to headaches to IBS. I host an interactive Q&A on my site in which I answer specific questions related to psychosomatic pain and invite answers from readers as well. I consult with a group of medical professionals from various disciplines when I require technical knowledge or assistance beyond my abilities. It is my intention to help ALL who ask, so if there is anything wlse you want to know, you know where to find me. My best to you, Sensei

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG

Edited by - sensei adam rostocki on 03/29/2007 10:14:01
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  11:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow...I loved what you wrote here, Sensei, it was helpful and I can relate...I will check out your site..:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000