TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Asthma (what will they think of next?)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ndb

209 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  01:12:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21467691-2703,00.html

Kind of scary sounding treatment, puffing at inhalers seems more fun.

What is the opinion here, is there such a thing as REAL asthma, which can't be treated by TMS methods? I had success and am off all my medication. But perhaps I never had asthma, and just copied the symptoms? I had a best friend who had asthma around the same time that I was diagnosed with it. Now it doesn't seem like such a coincidence.

ndb

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  09:20:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your asthma was still real, even if it was of a psycho-somatic origin. There seems to be a profound misunderstanding of the term "psycho-somatic." Real physical symptoms are generated as a result of what is taking place in the psych and they are not a copy of the symptoms, as you suggest, but are, as I stated, very real....

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page

ndb

209 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  09:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe I didn't express myself clearly. I know my symptoms were real. What I'm asking is, is there asthma which is not of psychosomatic origin?

Edited by - ndb on 03/29/2007 09:30:11
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  09:36:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a very good question, ndb...I have wondered that myself..I have had bouts of what the doctor called 'hyperactive airway syndrome,' under times of extreme stress..like when both my parents, 17 yrs ago...Then once the stress calmed a bit and I ate right, exercised and avoided dairy it just went away on it's own..It was a form of pre-asthma..I did use an inhaler for awhile, and this happened more then once in my life...Although it appeared physical, I think it was largely psychological...and...in what i have read on asthma, it is always psychological in origin..But, I am not a doctor...
Hugs and God bless,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  10:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any physical symptom that is not psycho-somatic in some way? Read this link: http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3216

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  14:09:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was really helpful to read, Shawn! Thanx for sharing it with ndb and everyone!
Hugs and God bless,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

kilton

38 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  15:02:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chronic asthma is usually due to allergies; i.e., the immune system going haywire in the lungs and reacting to non-harmful particules such as dust as if they were bacterium or virii.

I strongly believe that immune system disorders such as allergies are TMS. To me the idea of allergies being TMS makes even more logical sense than pain being TMS -- pain can be caused by a physical problem, but I find it hard to believe that after millions of years of evolution our immune systems are so screwed up that 20-25% or more of the U.S. population's immune systems are busy fighting a 24/7 war against dust and pollen as if they are harmful invaders. It just doesn't make sense.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000