TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Pain and Mindfullness...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paul

134 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  17:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found this article on the way to view pain today. Thought many of you might enjoy it...

http://www.yogajournal.com/meditation/2246_1.cfm?ctsrc=nlv250

sonora sky

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  20:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loved this article. Thanks for posting it. It's something I've been actively working on, and I've found that it takes time and practice to unlearn and recondition our behavioral patterns: our reactions to the pain and the "storytelling" we do habitually, almost unconsciously.

ss
Go to Top of Page

Lizzie

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  04:43:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for this article..very thought provoking.

Lizzie
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  11:48:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm very attracted to this kind of thinking, or way of being in the world, but I'm just so bad at it...For one thing, I'm possibly the worst meditator in the history of the world...Either I get so restless I can't stand it, or I fall asleep...!

And yet at the same time, I sure could use more of this. The discussion of how some of us begin to view our bodies as the enemy really hit home. I sometimes think of my body as this finely tuned, extraodinarily sensitive and even fragile mechanism...It's ties into my TMS and all the fear I still have surrounding that...I've come a long way, but I have a long, long way to go as well...

Edited by - art on 03/28/2007 11:49:21
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  12:26:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those who find this interesting, it seems similar to the material in Full Catastrophe Living, by Jon Kabat Zinn, about the Mindfulness Clinic he runs.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  14:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting this Paul, I loved this article, especially page 3 on the Fear Factor...It was very helpful!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000