TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 wisdom teeth extraction ---f***** scared
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FlyByNight

Canada
209 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  17:02:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all ...

I am getting my wisdom teeth extracted in 2 days and as I have TMS neuro symtpoms all over the neck, jaw and face along with vertigo etc .. I must admit that im scared of the post-op period .... I just dont know how I can bear more pain that I already bear ...

I must get them removed as they grow sideways etc , one is infected etc....

id like to hear from someone who would relate to this . thanx

P"

Edited by - FlyByNight on 03/19/2007 17:04:36

sonora sky

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  19:56:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to tell you my very positive story of wisdom-tooth extraction (to counter the many horror stories we've all heard). Mine were growing sideways as well and were semi-impacted. The surgery was quick (less than five minutes), and of course I don't remember a thing, because I was put under. I would request to be put under, as it is miserable if you are awake (I had my first of three done while awake by a dentist (not an oral surgeon), and I'm traumatized for life).

Post-op, I only had very mild pain, for which I used over-the-counter painkillers for a few days. (The prescription ones they gave me upset my stomache, but that was ok because I didn't need the strength.) I had no swelling to speak of, and had no infections or complications following the procedure.

Talk to your body and send positive messages over and over (pre and post-op): I am nervous anticipating this event, but that is ok, it is natural to be apprehensive; my oral surgeon/dentist has preformed this routine procedure many times, the surgery will go smoothly, the teeth will be removed with ease, my body will naturally heal the area of trauma (you could elaborate here), I will experience very little pain, little if no swelling, my body is strong and my immune system is healthy, etc.

ss
Go to Top of Page

FlyByNight

Canada
209 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  21:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanx SS ... thats the kind of story I need to hear . :)
I Will be put under for sure ... no way Ill stand it awake ...

My biggest concern is that the lower teeth are touching the mandibular nerve which can be damaged by the procedure... very stressful ... I hope its gonna be fine ...

thanks again for your support .. its very appreciated.

P.
Go to Top of Page

donia

25 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  00:20:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi i am in the same problem i have severe tmj pain and neck shoulder plus fibro and i need to extract the lower impacted one but i am verrrrrrry scared and my husband too i suppose to do it tuesday 20th this month but i cancled for the second time the first time was me who cancled because i was so afraid but this time my husband cancled today after i got the confrimation from them because he himself is scared that my tmj will be worse i want to do it anway so may be i will go next week .
do not be scared it will be ok may be it will cure your jaw pain as some people say it did for them i hope u will be ok after the surgery and your pain will not be worse.
tell us what happen after u do it .
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  20:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi FlybyNight,
I don't have direct experience with this but I wanted to tell you that I feel for you and I will be praying that all goes very well..
God bless,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  09:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TMS ALERT!!!!
TMS ALERT!!!!
TMS ALERT!!!!
TMS ALERT!!!!

I have jaw pain that comes and goes. I ignore it as it is braniac acting up again. Not easy for sure, but once you see it for what it is the fear will subside....

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page

FlyByNight

Canada
209 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  12:19:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

Just to tell you that the surgery went very well ...
I talked to my brain a lot that my pain is TMS and that it sould not interfere with the surgery ...

Well ... Seems to work

Thanx a lot Karen for your prayer :)

very appreciated

P.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  12:55:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I knew you would do well. How did I know? Because when you confront TMS head-on it backs down.....

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  13:20:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I knew you would do well. How did I know? Because when you confront TMS head-on it backs down.....

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  16:55:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great News, FlybyNight!! You are more then welcome for the prayers!!!
Hugs and God bless you,
Karen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000