TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Why do only some people suffer from TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mountain_hare

9 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  01:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The question bugging me is this:

It's no big secret that a lot of people aren't completely happy with their lives. Almost everyone has their regrets, thinks that they 'could have done better', has low self esteem, and/or has repressed bad memories.

My question is why TMS manifests itself in only some of these people?

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  09:53:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This question was asked to Dr. Sarno on his lecture tape and he responded that every body has something - some have headaches, some stomach have problems, some have skin rashes etc. The list goes on and on. There is a plethora of physical symptoms but they are not recognized by the mainstream medical community was being psychosomatic in origin.

Sarno-ize it!

Edited by - shawnsmith on 03/11/2007 14:49:17
Go to Top of Page

sensei adam rostocki

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  11:14:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly, Psychosomatic pain is universal. The only variable factors are the location and severity of the symptoms. I truly believe that TMS is part of the human condition...

Edited by - sensei adam rostocki on 03/12/2007 06:27:32
Go to Top of Page

cfhunter

119 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  19:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also one of the books written on TMS states that TYPE A do gooders etc can't handle these things like "other " people or personality types can.
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  20:25:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that perfectionist, do gooder and worrier personality types are more prone to TMS. People who dont give a s... typically don't suffer with TMS pain. Yes, it is part of the general human condition, but also clearly TMS is not found in everyone. -Stryder
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  10:58:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stryder

I agree that perfectionist, do gooder and worrier personality types are more prone to TMS. People who dont give a s... typically don't suffer with TMS pain. Yes, it is part of the general human condition, but also clearly TMS is not found in everyone. -Stryder

Dr. Sarno would not agree with this statement that "clearly TMS is not found in everyone." In his lecture he clearly states that every body (that is physical body) has some kind of condition that is pyschosomatic in origin. The symptoms are just more severe in some over others. I am of the opinion that every person I have ever met in my life has TMS or its equivalent, and I am now 42.

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page

JohnD

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  10:42:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it is probably true that most people have some form of tms or another- but it is also true that tms doesn't affect some people nearly as much as it does others and has little or no impact on their day to day life
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000