TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 books that focus on treating TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisb89

42 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  09:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just finished reading "healing back pain" and while he convinced me of TMS (and I'm 99% certain that I have it - still not 100% unfortunately) it left me with a "now what" feeling and I'm still in pain. What would be the #1 book you would recommend that sort of "tells you what to do" once you're aware you have TMS. Also books with case studies are good too since I find those very inspiring.

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  09:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris,

Dr. Sarno's latest book THE DIVIDED MIND would be at the top of my list. It is the latest formulation of his "TMS Knowledge Penicilin". It is faster acting than previous TMS RX's.

There are many case histories in it and I found Dr. Marc Sopher's chapter especilly good for me.

If you want to read some excerpts from it search my "TMS In a Nutshell Thread" which has dropped a few pages back.

Good Luck !
Go to Top of Page

Woodchuck

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  09:51:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chapter 4 of Dr. Sarno's latest book, THE DIVIDED MIND, goes into great detail on practical things you can DO on your own. I respond well to specifics I can DO.

Also, I am in the process of reading Monte Hueftle's book, "Get Rid Of The Pain In Your Butt NOW!" (easy to find by googling). I am not that far into the book, but like what I've read/skimmed thusfar, as he has a very detailed approach. Maybe others who are more familiar with his approach can comment on his book.

BTW, I am not pain free all the time, but MUCH improved with my lower back and sciatica pain which plagued me since last August and gradually got worse through chiropractic treatments, exercise programs, etc. After just entertaining the idea that I might have TMS, the frequency of pain and intensity dropped dramatically. That has been very encouraging!

Ken
Go to Top of Page

chrisb89

42 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  10:10:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the recommendations. I actually have "The Divided Mind" - haven't read it yet but figured it would be similar to his other book and not really show you what you need to do. Glad to know I was wrong... I plan on reading it this weekend.
Go to Top of Page

Woodchuck

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  10:32:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisb89

Thanks for the recommendations. I actually have "The Divided Mind" - haven't read it yet but figured it would be similar to his other book and not really show you what you need to do. Glad to know I was wrong... I plan on reading it this weekend.

Oh yes, definitely read it. I felt similar to you after reading "Healing Back Pain". "The Divided Mind" has the details I was looking for.

Ken
Go to Top of Page

chrisb89

42 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  17:24:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I was lying, the book I have is "The Mindbody Prescription". I just ordered "The Divided Mind" off of Amazon now
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000