TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Feet were 99% good on my vacation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  06:24:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
I couldn't help but notice that on my 9 day cruise my feet just seemed to behave. At home I tried avoiding walking barefoot as that bothered me. (of course when I was told by that first Podiatrist not to walk barefoot I am sure that didn't help) Well guys I didn't really have any problem walking barefoot on the marble area floor and shower portion of my cabin. Most of it was carpeted but the bathroom and shower wasn't. Now marble is the hardest floor there is. TMS has set into my feet....Now that I am back home some slight(very slight) tingling is slightly presesnt when walking on my floors again and they are for the most part wood. I must keep that cruise story imbedded in my mind to fight this. It is my only hope to rid any TMS from creeping right back. I am basically feeling ok but noticing an ever so slight tingling on and off again like pre-cruise. I must get into the 100%TMS thinking mode. I rephrase that...
I will get into the 100% thinking mode! I will, I will,
I will

Edited by - holly on 03/01/2007 06:26:26

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  09:37:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Holly. 9-day cruise--I am jealous!
Well I had the same type of thing last summer and fall--my pain was intense on the way home from 2 separate vacations--1 land, one cruise. Sitting in the airport as I started thinking how tomorrow was back to the grind and my son would be going back to his father's. . . I was suddenly in so much pain I could hardly sit. If that wasn't a mindbody disorder, I don't know what was!
Vacation is so good for the soul!

Best wishes on your TMS recovery.

-L
Go to Top of Page

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  09:00:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alexis,

Not to say the S word, but in MBP, Sarno says that it's common for people's pain to be worse on vacation, because that's when their mind's are less preoccupied with work, and in danger of reflecting on their lives or problems. Just the time when the TMS gremlin needs to come up and provide a distraction.

Regards,

Beth
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  09:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The, " What happens to your TMS pain on vacation test ? ", may be a good indicator of where the issues may lie.

If you go on vacation, and the pain goes away, it may indicate that the pressures causing the TMS reservoir to overflow, are coming from the back-home environment. This is what Dr. Sopher refers to on page 344 of TDM as :

"1. Stresses and strains of daily life"

If the TMS pain stays the same or increases on vacation, it could mean that the sources are more internaly generated by reasons:

"2. The residue of anger from infancy and childhood" or

"3. Internal conflict (self-imposed pressure--the clash of the id and the superego; it also comes from perfectionist and goodist traits."

The last two I would refer to as "Where-ever you go, there your are" causality.

Edited by - tennis tom on 03/02/2007 09:51:07
Go to Top of Page

mountain_hare

9 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2007 :  07:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised that it's harmful to walk around bare-foot. I always thought that walking naturally helped posture. Added to which, there are a lot of poor fitting shoes out there.
Go to Top of Page

ndb

209 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2007 :  07:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About stress on vacation, I think it can also be because you know that a time of relaxation is going to end and then you have to get back to the grind and your problems again.
Go to Top of Page

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  06:09:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks all for your input. I am actually attempting to walk around barefoot a little more at home and resist using my soft slippers all the time. (it is more comfortable though)
Go to Top of Page

carbar

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  18:38:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Posted - 03/02/2007 : 09:26:19 The, " What happens to

If you go on vacation, and the pain goes away, it may indicate that the pressures causing the TMS reservoir to overflow, are coming from the back-home environment. This is what Dr. Sopher refers to on page 344 of TDM as :

"1. Stresses and strains of daily life"

If the TMS pain stays the same or increases on vacation, it could mean that the sources are more internaly generated by reasons:

"2. The residue of anger from infancy and childhood" or

"3. Internal conflict (self-imposed pressure--the clash of the id and the superego; it also comes from perfectionist and goodist traits."

The last two I would refer to as "Where-ever you go, there your are" causality.

Whoa. Really good point, Tom. For, I think I was always some kind of hybrid with my RSI related TMS. Vacation always meant leaving the stress about "having" to use computers, but there was plenty of time to be alone with feeling about self and my past, which I could usually reflect on a great deal, which I would say were the greatest cause of my TMS pain ultimately.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  06:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mountain_hare

I'm surprised that it's harmful to walk around bare-foot. I always thought that walking naturally helped posture. Added to which, there are a lot of poor fitting shoes out there.

People have been walking around on their bare feet for as long as people have been on this earth, and have done so without any harm whatsoever. In many cultures they still walk withoout any shoes on and their is no foot pain epidemic in those societies. Anyone who tells you it is not good for you to walk around on your bare feet does not have a clue about what they are talking about. I feel that all this talk about poor footware being the source of the foot pain epidemic in our society is a clever cover for TMS. I have foot pain and I am careful what kind of shoes I wear and have never worn high heels- at least in public.

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000