TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 RSI - wrist hand finger elbow pain .... my story
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

b24k

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  21:32:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so thankful for finding about TMS. I thought the world was over for me because of RSI up untill just 3 days ago when I googled RSI and actually went looking into the 4+ search results which i never usually did. I was intrigued by the web address www.conquerrsi.com and that was the end of it. I read MBP in one day and started applying the theory cause i was soooooo desperate after trying so many treatments. I noticed that i was suffering TMS so i just picked up weights today for the first time and told myself that i wasnt afraid cause i was TERRIED of PHYSICAL injury and not ever being able to work out again, which i thought was a PHYSICAL/STRUCURAL injury. Exactly 10 minutes ago i picked up 20 lbs dumbbells and just started going hardcore with them and i could feel the pain moving all around over my wrist. I kept talking out loud and telling myself that i wasn't afraid of a physical injury cause it was all psychological. And i told myself that if i was afraid of physical injury then that meant that i was accepting the fact that it was a strucural problem. Which would mean that i didnt believe that it was all mental. I told myself that my unconscious mind was trying to distract me to focus on the pain so the TERRIFYING FEAR i had wouldn't turn into anger and get dumped into the anger resivoir, which could lead to RAGE. I pushed through my 5 minute workout like i was working out a year ago when i started getting severe wrist, finger, arm, elbow pains. At the time i used the computer alot and i could remember that my fear made my wrist pains hurt more and more and i conditioned myself to think that the computer was a painful experience as well. I'm sitting here three days later after a year of terrifying fear and i can say i am SOOOOOOOOO proud of myself. All i can say is WOW! I never knew how powerful the mind was. MBP saved my life. I am currently reading through The Divided Mind and its really keeping me on track just so i have some more material to read and remind me through this journey. I will keep you all posted. Hopefully im not psyching myself out but i definitely believe this will work. I just want to thanks to everyone for their RSI stories as they have kept my mind at ease and to have a positive outlook on what lies ahead. I am just so excited to hopefully be able to do all the things i use to do especially pumping iron without worrying about pain like i have been. Im sure we can all relate on that.

alexis

USA
596 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  22:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds very similar to my experience, just a few months ago! Except, I must admit, I started with 2lb dumbbells which seemed pretty brave at the time but are now sounding pretty wimpy next to your story. :)

Good luck with your progress.
Go to Top of Page

b24k

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  14:26:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worked out with 15 lbs dumbbells today going much longer for about 20 minutes. During my workout I noticed pains moving around again over my wrist and arms but as soon as I reinforced myself that the pain wasn't physical and that it was harmless, it just went away. I dont know how to describe the experience besides that it's really weird. But it works so I ain't complaining. Hopefully things keep getting better.

Go to Top of Page

DitaH

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  06:17:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
your story is sooo similar to mine.... googling and ending up at the conquer rsi site is how i came to be here, and have got rid of 80-90% of my tms too (after reading lots of sarno books)

Edited by - DitaH on 02/23/2007 08:11:32
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  13:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The medical establishment says you are weak and fragile. "Dont move or you will move yourself, your are going to get worse over time and be afraid, be very very afraid," they say.

TMS docs, on the otherhand, say: "you are fine, you have nothing to be afraid of and you are going to get better."

No wonder we shout with joy when we get a diagnosis with TMS- we are given the precious of hope!!!!!!

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page

b24k

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  21:42:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DitaH - How long did it take before you were 80-90% pain free? I am currently on day 5 of my journey to beating TMS and I have come a long way but still have pains. I think i have a good hold on how to overcome this. I just need to be patient and keep reading and reminding myself.

shawnsmith - I love that quote you've got posted. I realized that may pain is mostly caused by fear instilled by myself thinking I will never work out again and also by all the doctors I have seen, that diagnosed me that it was some sort of physical injury. This fear was alawys bottled up and turned into anger and then sometimes i exploded in rage at the smallest things. My mind was distracting me the whole time because i had soo much fear and was sooo afraid of injurying myself by oing the simpliest things with my hands.

Your are so right about jumping for joy when being diagnosed with TMS. That is exactly what i did the 3 day when i realized my pain was going away and that i could actually "control" it with my mind. Amazing!
Go to Top of Page

b24k

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  18:51:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys I know it's only been 8 days since i started applying this knowledge, but I was wondering if the pain can fluctuate around this time. Sometimes the pain in my wrist and arms get worse, then they get better, and so on. I know it's TMS cause the pain has subsided quite a bit already since 8 days ago. Just wondering if this is normal and if there is any advice you guys can give me? I've read MBP, and now I'm halfway through The Divided Mind. I journal everyday all emotions and feelings. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  19:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by b24k

...Sometimes the pain in my wrist and arms get worse, then they get better, and so on...

TMS is the volume control for the pain.
Go to Top of Page

b24k

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  19:08:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I figured I had more negative emotions ingrained in my unconscious mind, then just being afraid and fearful. I guess i have to get in touch with all these other deep emotions causing TMS symtoms. Is that what you mean Tennis_Tom?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000