TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 physical concern w/ back
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

atg

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  12:43:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I have a physical concern regarding my back pain that I'm hoping some of you can help me to dismiss.

I have no herniations or disc buldges in my lumbar spine, but about half way up, right on one of the vertebrae, I have a gigantic knot (inflamed muscle? I don't know exactly what it is.)

Anyway, it buldges out pretty substancially to the point where multiple masseuses have, previous to my mentioning it, independently noted how inflamed it feels (this has confirmed to me that it is objectively noticeable and not simply my own interpretation.)

I know that this is not caused by any structural damage to my spine. It seems that it is purely a muscular thing.

My very specific question is this:

Has anyone had anything like this, a big massy muscular knot, that has gone away through TMS work?

Or additionally, has any had something like this,some swollen buldge of muscle, that remained even though the pain went away?

Thanks,
Alan

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  13:30:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it DOES sound like TMS to me. Look I had a muscle knot up and stick to the inside of my scapula, a VERY hard place for a message tharapist to get to, but they did.

It was TMS. If you had a tumor, it wouldn't be tender when you rubbed it.

Still, see a DR and see if me or Kevin is right.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

atg

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  01:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I will. As terrible as this sounds, there's a little part of me that would be relieved it were a growth. Just the thought that they could go in and dig that thing out to relieve all the pain...

Since the TMS stuff has proved such a difficult path to relieve the pain, something quick and simple sounds so incredible (though I'm sure if it were actually something I'd probably be pretty quick to change my tune...)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000