TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 GERD/Depression
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mayberry514

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  12:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am Fist timmer who has briefly but intentsly gone over the mind body perscription and was seeing changes after the book was given to me but i know i have a very long way to go and was wondering if anyone had any input to please keep my informed.

I am a 20 year old female whith what tha MDs have told me is Acid Reflux disese which has been bringing me down little by little for over 5 years now. It started with vomiting after meals then it was vomiting after eating or drinking anything. I have played trial and error with every antacid there is known to mankind < pescrition and non > whith the only one making any differance was Prevacid. I dont even know why they even make it, No insurance company will cover it unless you go to hell with tests an upper GI, Ph probe, endoscope ect.. like me ... But now am with little health insurance im lucky to get anything. On top of that MY dream career was in the culinary Field which was soon crushed seeing as a cant eat ANYTHING that is going to upset my stomach in the least. I shortly fell into a depression going on anidepressants which made me gain all this weight which in my eyes def made me more depressed and was feeling hopeless and suicidal. Why do i want to be alive and still liveing in hell. I have aswell delt with so many other sicknesses and there isnt a day that goes by that i dont have something bothering me from my back to stomach to my muscles to being very tired , moodswings even tho im on two very high doses of antidepessants . I just dont know what to do anymore im so frustrated with that doctors, perscriptions , insuance companys , Explaining myself over and over agian to get no where and NOT TO MENTION THE WAY I FEEl .... help if ya can

sonora sky

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  13:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum, mayberry.

Tell us a little more about your life other than your physical symptoms/illnesses. When you read MBP, did you "see yourself" in the various examples Sarno describes? Do you fit the personality type of people who are prone to TMS? Tell us a bit more about your emotional life. I get the impression that you put yourself under a great deal of stress. It seems rather common (from what I've read about TMS and people's experiences on the forum) that TMS often attacks us in 'prime' locations. I'm referring to the fact that you developed GERD, preventing you from eating and enjoying food, which--not so coincidentally--is an important part of your dream job in culinary arts. Another example would be a guitar player who experiences RSI when he/she plays, but experiences few symptoms when using a computer keyboard. These curious or suspicious-sounding symptoms are the hallmarks of TMS.

Please tell more us about yourself. Do you see connections between emotions/stress and your illnesses?

Best,
ss
Go to Top of Page

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  17:01:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Mayberry,

It's no wonder you feel frustrated! That's a lot to go through. The fact that you saw changes after reading the book is encouraging. There are a lot of people here who started with major problems and are now doing much better. As SS replied, it will be helpful if you can tell us whether you have noticed any sort of connection between the symptoms and emotions or stressful situations. I know the symptoms are now a source of stress, and it feels like a vicious cycle, but don't give up hope. You'll find support and good information here.
Go to Top of Page

carbar

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  21:26:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Welcome, welcome. Sounds like you've been through a frustrating lot with various doctors. It's great that you are seeing yourself in Mind Body Perscription. When I read that, it was like something clicked. It was exactly what I thought about myself, but could not express because I didn't have that much knowledge about phych concepts and physical ailments.

I can relate to having symptoms that get in the way of career ambitions. I was 17 when I came down with pain in my arms that goes by the term RSI, which effectively cut music out of my life for the next seven years, so NO I didn't go to school for performing arts, wound up with a vague liberal arts degree instead. I've been better for about a year and feeling the great fog of depression lift now that the cycle of being in pain and being enraged by the pain has ended.

Keep on reading around this site, it's been a great help to me. I too, read MBP really intensely when I first got it. Def worth reading again and again. Good luck to you!
Go to Top of Page

mayberry514

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  14:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am now realizing that stress has been my middle name my whole life i just never allowed my self to "feel" it. i som how have found a way to hold back everything and just shrug it off. I am the yougest of four siblings 2 sisters 1 brother, My mother is a wonderfull person who delt with my father and his alchoholism till i was 8 and they had there finale deviorce. My mother never should us that anything was wrong and suppoted us by doing daycare ( Its been ALmost 25 years since she started). Then she married a wonderful man John who sent me to this forum who helped us alot and has made me a better person in somany ways.Thanx. School was never taken seriouse by me , I hated it , i didnt think it was hard or anything i just hated going there. I had tons of friends was popular ,Boys were fun but they never brought me down i could care less about them. I didnt finish high shcool which i am very guilty about bcause my mother was really depending on me (her baby) to graduate, I had other plans. School to me just wasnt important, i would get the stomach issues when i was under stress of school. I would always skip and go to my boyfriends house who was 23 at the time and go back to bed. I would get so mad being around my mom from the guilt that i would stay at my brothers house on the coach, He practicly raised me , he was the father figuare in my life. When i was 17 i started datting this guy who was 14 had a 4 year old daughter full cosduty , It got really seriouse and we got a condo togeather whith his dughter. Things started to go bad when i was noticing mood swings, becoming almost OCD about my house , i was now a stay at home sitter so i could get his daughter to and from school.. you could say a stay at ahome mom of someone elses kid. I was always bitching about how they never picked up after themselves. Now he was a very hard worker, he worked from 7-5 everyday so i respected him for that and i wanted to be everything for him . But i fell deeper into depression thinking up stories of him cheating on me and everything went to hell FAST! I moved in with an old friend to her apartment was there about 3 months Before i had a mental breakdown you could say i was still fighting with "him" trying to make it work and i just couldnt take it anymore i Dont want to be like everyone else who gets up everyday to bust there butt to pay so they can ACTUALY live .. like pay bills and have a car and my faveriote to have med inscurance. i really didnt want to be alive anymore or even feel like this because i know its not normal. I had an attempt O.D but my brother broke in my house after i wouldnt return his or my exs phone call. So now im a crazy person because i dont believe that we should have to live life going through hell.. Still to this day my ex is always trying to keep his presance known . I wish he would fade away which he has in my mind.

Sorrry , i know its long but its my life and as crappy as it sounds i wouldnt have changed a thing Except for meeting "HIM" hehe.. THanx so musch everyone for your replys , Yes i have def made a connection from emotion to pian , its when its the worst like in the morning when i wake up to reality i guess.
Go to Top of Page

mayberry514

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  14:06:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am sorry He was 24*************
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page