TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 reporting my success
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevin t

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  06:24:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to report that Ive gone most of the week without pain. Its just not registering anymore like it was. Im really not even thinking about it anymore. Maybe only a few times a day. Ive been in a good mood all week and I feel better every day. Its almost as if I was never in pain in the first place. Life is improving ten fold though.

I said last week that I was too busy to do TMS work. But to my surprise the fact that I was too busy to even care sort of boosted my "healing". I just stopped obsessing about it all together.It seemed to boost into hyperdrive after my last post here also, weird luck I guess.

I swam laps today and felt great. Then I went out with friends and partied my arse off. It feels good to be "back " again.

Kev

vrampen78

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  08:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats! Lets celebrate ***bells, whistles, confetti...***! Keep up the good work and keep feeling better. Happy Holidays!

-Veronica
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  11:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  12:35:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am happy for your Kevin, but at the same time I would advise you to continue to do the work as a preventative measure from this happening again. Continue to read Dr. Sarno's treatment and pyschology sections in his books on a regular basis. It is my opinion that even for those who do fully recover, and especially for those who recover quickly, that it is important to continue doing the mental work, as recommended by Dr. Sarno, for the rest of one's life. Maybe not everyday, but at least setting aside some time on a regular basis so as to keep the information fresh in one's mind in case the brain decides to pull another TMS stunt. This is exactly what happens to a lot of people who recover and then they put aside Sarno's work and carry on with their lives. But then 2, 3 or even 7 years up the road when they have forgotten everything they have learned then:

brainiac is back
and you are back on your back
with another TMS attack
and it will give you quite a wack
as you're cryin in your sack

but you too can resist the pain
pick up your Dr. Sarno again

take a little time
read a few of Dr. Sarno's lines

don't make it an addiction
but continue taking the mindbody prescription
Go to Top of Page

kevin t

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  14:08:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol, nice poem.

yeah, im not 100% free, dont get me wrong. But its just not "THERE" much anymore. Im not really thinking about "it". I could easily be here two weeks from now saying "oh damn man, Im hurtin like a mothersucker heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!" Lets hope not.

Go to Top of Page

Redsandro

Netherlands
217 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  19:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!

But as the others say, keep doin' the work!
I myself like to shuffle, some days without doing anything about it, some days journaling my ass off.

The thing is, few days after discovering TMS I went from disabled to superman with a bruise and thought I was gonna have a near instant cure. Now, few months later, I've had more flareups then it requires pixels to write this post.

I underline what alexis just said. Then with the next flareup it's all so obvious that I become superstisious - I shouldn't have even think about having forgot how it feels. On times like that one can note the emotional state contrast between good and bad - not sure if it's just a feeling but it almost feels like a TMS vibe in control, and knowing the contrast can make you believe the vibe is unreal, and ehh... just keep it cool :)

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000