TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 How to contact Dr. Sarno
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Newmom

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  13:31:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to get an appointment with Dr. Sarno. Can anybody lead me in the direction on how to contact him and if there is a process before he will see a new patient? I am able to travel to New York City - that is the closest a TMS doc is located for me.

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  13:42:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a link to the contact information page from the university web site:

http://www.med.nyu.edu/contacts/sarnoj01.html
Go to Top of Page

Newmom

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  13:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Littlebird. However, I really wanted to know if you just make an appointment or what. I have read on here that he screens patients prior to seeing them. There isn't really any information on that gives that information and I have read on this sight that there is a process.

Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  13:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you live outside of NY or NJ he will not see you. Remember, he is over 82 years old. But if you live in these two states you book an appointment with his secretary which will be in about 6 weeks. He may actually screen you over the phone first also.

He will give you a 45 minute physical exam (and yes he will poke you good and hard to look for pain patterns) and look over any other tests you have had. He will also ask you a bit about what is taking place in your life as well as personality traits. He will then make his diagnosis- TMS or not. After determining how open to the TMS diagnosis you are, he will then invite you to his two part lecture series to go over the TMS concepts which is an abbreviation of what he writes in his books. The cost to you will be $1000.00

Best wishes.
Go to Top of Page

Newmom

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  14:04:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I guess I am out of luck with ever seeing Dr. Sarno then. I live in Eastern Pennsylvania. NYC would of only been a 1 hour plane ride. On the tar pit yoga website there is a doctor in eastern Pennsylvania, however air travel there is not really available and it is a 7 hour drive.

Does anybody have any other suggestions regarding a doctor that they could refer me that is knows about the treatment of TMS?
Go to Top of Page

johnnyg

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  14:53:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr Gwodz is in New Brunswick, NJ
Go to Top of Page

Alpha

Germany
43 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  16:29:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Newmom, i dont wanne interfere with your question,but i have a similar one, so i hope you aren't angry, if i post it here.

I am from germany and i was wondering, if there are TMS doctors in europe? Maybe even in germany?
And can i write Dr. Sarno a email, because i have some very unusual smyptoms i think, and i wanne know what he thinks of it. I cant afford to visit him, which i really wanne do, but at least an email with questions to hm would really help me. I mean, is he open to answer questions in email without payment?

Ok, thx, thats all.

Good night everyone. Its 00:28 in germany, damn, i really have to sleep... ^^

Ken
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000