TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Who has had the longest symptoms...but beat them?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paul

134 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  11:36:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just curious of people who overcome there TMS here and how long they had chronic pain? I've had levator ani syndrome for around 6 years or so. Obviously, this is probably going to be harder to beat since it is more "ingrained" within me so to speak.

I would love to hears some success stories of people who have beat YEARS of pain.

If ANYONE here has beaten Levator Ani Syndrome, I would also love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  11:44:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After 23 years of intense sciatica in my left leg, buttocks and foot (and 3 useless surgeries), my pain is now 90% better (and has been so for about 2 years, I believe) due to following Sarno's concepts. I have learned it was all conditioning. So hard to believe the power of conditioning.
Go to Top of Page

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  11:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, obviously fox has me beat.

My Contest entry is as follows:

Suffered Debilitating Wrist and Hand pain for 7 years.

Completely recovered.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

Paul

134 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  12:03:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, 23 years and 7 years...pretty impressive. Gives me great, great hope that is for sure!

Keep 'em coming if you have a success story to share!
Go to Top of Page

Carolyn

184 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  19:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul,
I had my pelvic floor problems for about 4 years and over the course of about a year and a half completely resolved it (but initial symptom relief did come faster than that). It was a bit of a roller coaster for a while but I knew I was on the right track.

I just want to make an observation -that your saying ["Obviously, this is probably going to be harder to beat since it is more "ingrained" within me so to speak"] is classic for TMS- your subconscious is giving yourself a reason why you can't get better. That is the kind of thinking you have to battle against. I had exactly the same thing- doctors told me I was just going to have to learn to live with the pain. I beat it- you will too.

Carolyn
Go to Top of Page

Paul

134 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  08:28:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
25 years, that is impressive for sure! Hmmm...haven't thought of a prize. Isn't being healthy and sharing and helping others by giving them encouragement with your story a prize in itself? :)
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  16:44:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Over 10 years of RSI (probably about 13, but I forget). Not always in pain during that time, but I couldn't use a keyboard or mouse for very long without getting pain - I was entirely dependent on voice recognition to do my job. At one stage I couldn't even sit in front of a computer for more than 5 mins a day without getting pains all over my body (even without touching the keyboard / mouse!)

Click on my profile to see my recovery story.

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

carbar

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  21:49:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Well, obviously fox has me beat.

My Contest entry is as follows:

Suffered Debilitating Wrist and Hand pain for 7 years.

Completely recovered.

ditto that. add on about 3 years of knee wierdness and some other assorted come-and-go maledies that are GONE GONE GONE now that I understand TMS.

Just realized that i haven't written a SuccessStory as such on the forums....I "should" work on that. (HA -- this references Shawn's recent post nicely.) Well, in a nutshell, it's been one year of freedom from pain and I am feeling so proud and excited! Also, the pain started disappearing really quickly for me. i'd say I felt about 80% better in less that 2 months. I know it's different for everyone, but I was def ready for what TMS was and it really clicked, which is why I started feeling better right away.

You can do it! The years don't effect the knowledge you have now about what causes TMS. You are going to start healing your mind and emotions, and that's what's going to release you from physical pain. Stick with reading Sarno and this will make sense!

Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  00:18:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAH! Got you all trumped!

At least 35 years of chronic back pain GONE!

(I'm 55 but look 35, she said modestly).

30 years of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia GONE (a bit of fatigue, generalized pain REALLY GONE!!).

Now I have super-intense TMJ directly following major dental surgery. But it won't last. It can't. I believe my body is healthy and getting healthier!

What is the prize, btw?

xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

Paul

134 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  07:56:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wavy Soul, that is simply amazing! All of these stories are amazing!

I think it is SO important for people who have overcome YEARS AND YEARS of TMS to post it here. In fact, I think the moderator of this forum should keep this thread as a permanent fixture at the top of the page and rename it something like...TMS PROOF AND TESTIMONIALS or something like that. Of course, this is up to them. :) This way, when people have overcome their TMS, they can be sure to post their story as further inspiration for others.

Yes, a prize? Not sure on that, it has been a prize all by itself just reading this posts. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I'm battling over 6 years of chronic levator ani syndrome (a cramp right in the butt!) and I'm starting to apply the TMS methods to it and I'm also applying NLP techniques to my life. So far, so good. :)

Keep the inspiring posts coming!

Edited by - Paul on 12/07/2006 07:57:01
Go to Top of Page

johnnyg

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  14:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
15 years of low back pain before Sarno--now mostly gone. Looks paultry compared to some you out there--way to go!
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  17:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul, I can't help myself. I have to ask. Did someone call you a pain in the butt when you were little?

xx

Go to Top of Page

Paul

134 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  17:20:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, but people have told me I'm WAY too self-critical on myself and worry to much. Hmmm...TMS?

God, if I had a dime for everytime someone said things like..."We will get to the bottom of this" or "What a pain in the ass" etc. I would be a rich man.
Go to Top of Page

phyllis

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  05:00:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought you might like a newbie perspective.

I started reading this Sarno theory in the late summer and decided that it would change my ATTITUDE to the pain in my low back.

Since moving it away from the front of my head and not letting it become so important, it does feel a lot better. I do get a twinge when I turn in bed, but I do swim twice a week and have just learned to 'get on with it' and stop looking at chairs every time I sit down. I drive without a wretched 'back friend' think I had which was horrible and made me feel as if I was sitting in a strait jacket! My husband has also said I never mention my back now.

I have also got a book from the library called 'Overcoming Anxiety' by Helen Kennerley (English) ISBN 1-85487-422-5 which even has relaxation exercises written out so that you can put them on tape. It is a good book covering phobias too and how we can deal with them. One or two of the case histories also say that anxiety worsens pain! Well, what do you know! Author is a chartered clinical psychologist in England.

Quote from satisfied person in the book -

'I soon knew the exercise well enough to be able to use it when I went to bed. Instead of dwelling on the discomfort in my body, I focused on relaxing my body and I rarely stayed awake long enough to complete the exercise. I would then wake up better able to cope with the strains of the day .....

Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  05:39:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Along the lines of what Phyllis just said, a few months ago I downloaded a healing meditation from Monte Hueftle's website. It's TMS-based, and I play it when I am trying to get to sleep. I recently played it for a friend, and realized I had never heard the end of it!

If I can figure this out, I will put a link to the page where you can buy his tape and download it instantly:

http://www.runningpain.com/imagery.html

Go to Top of Page

Paul

134 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  08:25:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ReferFire,

Ok, I think we know about enough by now. Every single post you make you have to link to your website. Your cred is sinking very fast here. You are a TMS Spammer (at least it comes across that way).

You know what have been much more respectful? To come on this board, and just post your story DIRECTLY on this forum for people to read...just your story, no websites, no ads for you to make money off people, etc.

Go to Top of Page

Jim1999

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  22:58:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that ReferFire's posting is gone, it might be a good time to go back to the original subject. I had chronic pain for nearly 8 years. The pain started out concentrated in my back, but soon spread into fibromyalgia. I was able to make a full recovery in 5-6 weeks. The years of having TMS ingrained was a problem, but not that bad of a problem.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Paul

134 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  08:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jim for posting. It is SO encouraging to see people like yourself who have suffered for so many years overcome something in a matter of weeks or months. Good for you!
Go to Top of Page

Allan

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  11:00:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kelvin

Don't worry about your age. I am the oldest member of the forum.

Allan.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000