TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Draft chapter from a book I am working on
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  08:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in the process of writing a new book titled:

LISTENING TO MY OWN INNER INTELLIGIANCE AND WISDOM
Reflections from within

Here is a draft of chapter from it I thought I would share with you all.

Shawn

Sadness And Loss

I don’t need to tell you - because you already know- but there are things that take place in our lives which make us sad and the list is very long. We become attached to people, places and things and when we lose them or are separated from them there is an ache within our hearts. We want things to be different or back to the way they were previously, but we know that it is not going to happen. We reminisce about the past and wish we could turn back the hands of time. We loathe our current state of affairs, feel that life is unfair and this sends us into a stupor.

I have had a good share of private weeping in my lifetime and have felt so utterly alone with no one around to care. I have felt like a failure, a reject, stupid, ugly, and a host of other sorrow inducing emotions. Sometimes I just cried and I did not know why. I think it was just life overwhelming me and I was letting off some inner pressure.

In addition, at times I see my loved ones going through a very tough time and feel powerless to help them in any way. I hate to see them suffer and only want them to be happy but at the same time know that sorrow and loss are a part of life.

I have learned, and am still learning, that the best way to cope with sorrow and loss is to be continually thankful for what I have been given and what I have right now. Although some people who I have cared for in the past are no longer with me, or I am far away from the ones I love, I am thankful for the time I have spent with them in the past. I am also thankful that they do not have to be near for me to care for them. In fact, they don't have to do anything at all in order to gain my love and affection.

As long as I focus on what I don't have or focus on what others have I am filled with sorrow and inner tension. I feel deprived and ripped off. But when I focus on the current goodness in my life- and there is plenty of it- I am filled with gratitude and feel much more at peace.

Everyday I must remind myself that nothing lasts forever and that I am in a constant state of transition. Every situation and every person that comes into my life does so for a reason- to teach me something- and then vanishes again. Yes I will love and appreciate that which I have as long as it is with me, but know in my heart that it soon will be taken away. I can look back and reflect on what lessons I have learned from the people and situations that have entered my life and grow stronger as a person.

I know I will weep again as I experience further sorrow and loss but soon the tears will turn to joy as I come to a fuller understanding of what it all meant and I can add this to my list of things to be thankful for.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000