TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 chest pains
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  11:46:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been trying to stay positive regarding my healing and the stress I am under..It has been tough..Without getting into major details (since I annoyed some people on here months back with over posting..) I am concerned now about intermittent chest pains I have lately..I am still dealing with the usual neck, knee and sometimes back TMS..But heart symptoms are a bit scary..I do have MVP (mitral valve prolapse) and I recently gained 15 pounds from all the ITalian food, the holidays, and stress over eating..My BP is usually low, but I haven't been exercising lately either..IT was 134/82 when I saw my doctor about the brochial issues recently..My BP is typically 117/74 ish..He was not concerned and said even if i lost 5 pounds it would help bring down the BP..I don't know my cholesterol and my insurance stinks..(part of the stress)So I am wondering if this could be another manifestation of TMS stress in my body..?

THe stress is due to the move to NY, missing my dogs/friends out West, challenges in a relationship and finances..to name a few..It's over the top, I will say that..THe singing gigs are keeping me sane, and the great parts of the relationship help as well..ANy feedback would be helpful..I do also feel ISOLATED here when my b/f is doing his other work and I am alone..MOst friends are in NJ and out West..Don't want the hypochondriac in me to start fearing that i may have a heart attack! Hope someone can help..Thanks :)
God bless,
Karen

Carol

91 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  12:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I haven't been on this site in quite awhile, but just happened to sign on and see your post. As a recent victim of chest pain I can tell you that it sure can be TMS.

I went through three years or more of intermittent chest pain whenever I started to push myself physically, such as climbing a hill or stairs. After two normal stress tests, the cardiologist who did the second one was concerned that I had to stop the test, even though my echo-cardiogram was normal when it was stopped. He talked me into an angiogram. I was truely terrified to have it, as a friend of mine died having the same procedure last year. She was in very bad physical shape (heavy smoker and drinker), but I was still scared. The day before the procedure I had a severe back spasm. I had had low back pain already, but not a sudden spasm like that. I have no doubt that my fear caused it. I wasn't even doing anything strenuous or carrying anything.

Anyway, I had the angiogram anyway, back spasm and all, and my coronary arteries are totally clear. Pretty remarkable for one with high cholesterol and 67 years old.

I still get the chest pain on exertion, but if I slow down and increase my activity gradually it goes away. It is a lot better now that I have had the test done. I climbed a mountain in NH (my Home) last week and had no pain at all.

Don't know if this helps, but I know that anxiety sure can cause chest pain, from personal experience!

Carol
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  14:20:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you sooo much, Carol! It helps ALOT! :) In fact, I will be re-reading it again until this issue clears up..I am very grateful you took the time to share your experience..and so happy for you that you were able to climb the mountain with no pain! I cannot wait to say that! WHen I lose this weight again, and the stress calms I am sure this will go away..(well not totally sure, but hoping)..NH is a beautiful state, lucky you!
Hugs and God bless,
Karen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000