TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 New TMS symptom in throat??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevin t

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  18:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So since starting this TMS stuff, Ive noticed a sensation in my throat. It feels like someone is pushing on my adams apple slightly with a finger. It causes me to feel like gagging but I dont. Its so subtle, but subtle enough to be very annoying. Could this be psychosomatic? Ive felt this before when Ive had an anxiety attack, but this time it lasts for hours.I bet its nothing, but sure feels like something. The fact that it is just annoying enough makes me wonder if the human mind is THAT smart. Tricky one to figure out.I was ready to give up on me getting any better, but these past few days Ive noticed symtoms are "shifting".

Anyways, Ill take an "annoying" symptom over painful ANYDAY.

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  19:47:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've experienced this at times. I consider it to be totally anxiety related for me. I've gotten in the habit of pulling at the front collar of my shirt, even though the shirt doesn't reach the adam's apple, and I pull the shirt all the time now, even though I seldom have the throat sensation these days. I started having that sensation during the time that I was taking care of my dying mother and my husband was also being treated for cancer--lots of stuff for my unconscious to be upset over. It is annoying, but I just kept telling myself it was nothing to worry about.
Go to Top of Page

westcoastram

97 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  01:34:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weird, I've had this too - so TMS. Never mentioned it cause it seemed so strange.
Go to Top of Page

kevin t

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  08:20:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, this TMS stuff is wild. I go to bed, and no symptoms during sleep. I sleep like a log and dont feel ANY pain. I wake up, stretch, move around a bit and BOOM...It starts to come on like a wave.Down my legs and in my throat. "Good morning pain, how are you again". Now my logic tells me ,that doesnt make sense. So when does the pain end? lol. I really want the pain to just stop. Ive been doing TMS work for about 2 weeks. Im really ready to go on to the next step. Forcing myself to write about feelings. Maybe thatll help.
UUGHHHHHHHHHHH
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  09:00:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kevin t

Yeah, this TMS stuff is wild. I go to bed, and no symptoms during sleep. I sleep like a log and dont feel ANY pain. I wake up, stretch, move around a bit and BOOM...It starts to come on like a wave.Down my legs and in my throat. "Good morning pain, how are you again". Now my logic tells me ,that doesnt make sense. So when does the pain end? lol. I really want the pain to just stop. Ive been doing TMS work for about 2 weeks. Im really ready to go on to the next step. Forcing myself to write about feelings. Maybe thatll help.
UUGHHHHHHHHHHH

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi KT,

TMS pain is NOT logical.

The pain may never end...the human condition.

2 weeks is a drop in the bucket...consider how long it has taken your mindbody to create the patterns of thinking that created your TMS pain as a protection against your experiencing frightful emotions.

There are no timezones in the unconscious...no step by step checklist...

If you have to force yourself to experience your feelings then the gremlin is playing you rather than you playing the gremlin.

Two weeks is not enough time to learn how to play this game.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000