TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Why you people are great - thank you everyone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MikeJ

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  17:31:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it's not unusual for most of us to celebrate our independence, display a tough shell, pressure ourselves and believe we don't need the help of others. But I think that's an illusion because no man's an island, and we all depend on each other at some level. That being said, I'd like to thank everyone in the forum who has helped me, and have been kind enough to contribute their thoughts.

I like to collect interesting posts when I've learned something and I always remember people who've helped me. I've learned a lot from everyone here, some of you may not even know how much you've helped.

First off, Hilary. Hilary has been there with me from the very beginning, since october 05 when I first learned about TMS and found the forum. She's been tremendously helpful by supporting me via email and just being there. She's also been helping a lot of people at the RSI support groups here in London, and I admire that.

Tennis tom: Tom is my Sarno encyclopedia. I've never told him this, but if I want to learn something about Sarno, I just search for his posts. :-) I mean, just look at this thread http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605 do I need to say more? Thank you, Tom.

Wavy soul: Katie has taught me a lot about strength. She recently had a seminar to help others overcome their pain, while struggling with a horrible tooth ache, and probably an arm tied behind her back. She's awesome and very inspiring.

Shawnsmith, for sharing a lot of humour and inspirational stories which is so badly needed in this forum, and also made me aware of Prof. Stuntz's article of the New Republic, to which I wrote an email in the hopes of spreading TMS. I'm glad he shared that article, I never would've emailed him if it wasn't for Shawn. (Stuntz was open to it and very appreciative.)

Miehnesor: for sharing a very interesting link about the influence on narrative in trauma. http://www.abc.net.au/rn/allinthemind/stories/2006/1635052.htm#
I was very interested in this because I found storytelling and articulating the issues was very helpful in my recovery.

Hillbilly; Neil who has left the forum recently http://tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2675&whichpage=1 has taught me about somatics, which I've never heard before. If it has helped him, then it can also help others - and in the end, that's all that matters, right?

Avenger: Avenger is a new comer to the forum, but I've talked to him and he's a brilliant guy with a lot of passion. I think the forum is very lucky to have him, because I know he's very dedicated to the cause of spreading the word. (through his example of course!) :-)

Laura: She taught me that keeping busy is the best thing if you don't want to experience TMS symptoms - and despite her busy schedule, she still finds time to help! That's a good example I try to follow.

Dave: for not only moderating the forum for so long, but also for his concise and straightfoward posts. He really cuts to the chase and he's very knowledgable and helpful. It's important to realize that Dave has been moderating this forum for many years, out of his own spare time. I imagine he could be out spending time with his loved ones, so I really appreciate this.

Jim: one of the most insightful and articulate members. Just check some of his posts, you'll see what I mean! Thank you Jim for sharing your thoughts.

Tunza; for this link explaining how therapeutic writing is! http://www.longnaturalhealth.com/library2.asp?A=65

There's a lot of you I haven't mentionned who have helped, (like armchairlinguist, Littlebird, Stryder, PeterW, h2oskier25, Logan, drziggles, Penny, and you lot :) and I wish I could thank everyone who's been helpful to me (and maybe I will in another post), but that's the list for now. I haven't forgotten any of you!

I know a lot of members here are just reading and not participating. You don't have to if you're in pain, but please realize that when you do post, even a question, you can help others unknowingly. Don't look at it as nagging other people with questions, but as contributing to the knowledge hive. Even sharing bits of your experience can make a lot of difference for some people out there, (like me!)

So what about you? Is there anyone in this forum you'd like to thank for something they did or shared that helped you?

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  00:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,

What a nice thing to do! It's true that we help each other without even knowing it sometimes. There are days when I'm too tired to respond to all the threads that I read, but that doesn't mean that they haven't been meaningful to me in one way or another.

As much as the books I've read have helped me in my efforts to conquer TMS, I think the forum is probably much more beneficial to me. The mixture of support, information sharing, ideas and insights here are wonderful. In fact, two of the links you've posted in this thread are to info I hadn't seen yet, so I appreciate that.

So I'll add my thanks to everyone here for helping me along in the journey to wellness.

Corey

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  10:32:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi MIKE J

THANK YOU for that very nice post!

It's a nice beginning to the holiday season.

Best Wishes,
tt
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  11:48:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Mike. That's very kind of you.

I agree with you - all those people and more have been making great posts on here. I don't always have time to comment on them but I enjoy reading a lot of what they say.

I'd like to add AnneG - I enjoy reading her posts. She seems like a very wise person.

Also Redsandro has asked some very important questions which I think other newcomers will find useful.

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000