TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Change in symptoms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

floorten

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  12:01:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today, a couple of weeks into my TMS program, I noticed a shift in the quality of my symptoms.

Whereas before my whole head was numb and ached all over generally, now it feels like I have more feeling there, but consequently the muscles of my head feel "tender" and there are very sensitive trigger points, which before were just part of the big dull ache.

In a way, it's like my symptoms have got worse, because I feel a lot more connected to them.

Is this a sign that I'm healing, do you think? Anyone else had similar experience?

--
"What the Thinker thinks, the Prover proves."
Robert Anton Wilson

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  14:24:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Greg,

In Dr. Brady's book he says that it is very common for symptoms to get worse in the beginning of doing the TMS work. Some of my symptoms did get worse, but this week they've settled down and aren't as bad as they usually are. The doctor also said that recovery is not necessarily a linear process for most people--that ups and downs are typical, as are totally new symptoms that you haven't had before.

I know you mentioned listlessness on another thread. Has the change in the quality of your headaches brought any change to the listless feeling? In my case the TMS has manifested as Fibromyalgia, so I know how frustrating fatigue and lack of motivation are. As someone mentioned on your other thread, that can be related to depression, which I have as a response to my limited ability to function. It's kind of a vicious cycle--I get overwhelmed and depressed because I can't keep up with life, but those feelings make the fatigue worse, so I am even more limited. I hope the change in your headaches has at least pushed away the listless feeling.

Take care,
Corey

Go to Top of Page

floorten

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  17:25:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually now I come to think of it, the listlessness has lifted now the headaches have changed!

Wow, that's great. I guess it's all part of the progress.

Thanks!

--
"What the Thinker thinks, the Prover proves."
Robert Anton Wilson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000