TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Rash- TMS???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ken

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  16:07:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I been having a rash problem for several months now. This may seem like a dumb question, but are skin problems/rash related to TMS. I get rid of it for several days and than bang it's back. If TMS related, which I think it is how do I fight this. I had back pain for 4 years and finally got over it when they fired my old boss. I know I am prime TMS target. I just need a little kick in the old back side to get back with the program. I have had just about every TTMS issue from back pain to shoulder pain to sinus, headache to foot pain. The bad thing about all this is it been going on for over 30 years.

Slash64

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  17:26:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ken,
read over your post, you already know what you are asking us! You're asking us to tell you if the sky is blue. Mate....get off your arse and get cracking, take back your life and stop being the victim. Imagine how great your life will be after 30 years of symptoms, you get your life back. Decide NOW to beat this, and go for it. Read my reply to the "thinking psychologically" post. You sound like a beat man at the moment........don't be. You can beat this Ken. Write down in big letters and stick it up on your mirror as number one goal......BE SYMPTOM FREE! Investigate your feelings

Darko
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  18:20:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SLASH , I have the same problems, the rash is back after twenty years of being rash free, the more tms work I do the more symptoms are erupting, right now I very much feel like blaming it on my corn allergy, seems to me it is simpler to eliminate corn products and the list is extensive than to fight my subconscious, the corn allergy was diagnosed by an allergist, what is troubling me at the moment is that I reacted so strongly to my sister's pie when I had no idea she had used corn syrup in it, so how can it be tms ? I AM JUST AS CONFUSED AS YOU ARE AND FEEL LIKE THROWING IN THE TOWEL, yet I have doubts , a little voice tells me that I can handle corn a lot better when I am not so stressed out. Like you I have tons of symptoms, someone put them all together under the name of fibro, it makes it simpler, tms does the same thing, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
Were I to go the tms route I could say that I do not feel very good in my own skin right now, the big 60 birthday is coming up, I found a few wrinkles I did not know were there until I checked my makeup in direct sunlight, time is running out, I can't be a senior yet , maybe I just want a new skin, then again maybe I am just a senior with a corn allergyI don't imagine I helped you very much , sorry.....
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  05:22:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slash

Yes, it is TMS.

We are all a bit emotionally wounded here (like most humans) and we tend to get really mad at the TMS diagnosis as though it were a parent. Because we are angry at our parents. But in order to be symptom-free we have to make this very BIG, adult move:

NOTICE that we are angry at our parents, then take responsibility for (1) taking "symptoms" to be indicators that there is a feeling we are missing and directing our attention there and (2) establishing a kind of "thought police" so that unfelt feelings don't manifest as endless waffling or doubts. We have to decide that our bodies as "hardware" are

divinely, infinitely, radiantly healthy

and that we are willing to reprogram the software the makes them run weirdly.

Miche: No reason to eat corn. And if you do, no need to get doubtful about TMS. It's not an all-or-nothing thing. I also have things that I do to take care of myself because I'm trying to guide myself in such a way that I keep creating the experience of success with the TMS journey. I know for myself (and I'm not saying you're doing this) that there is a tendency to make things fail because I am trying to prove I am a victim, which is my unconscious way of expressing to my parents how much they hurt me - except that they never even inquired about my 30 years of illness, so it didn't work.

So for me this healing thing is about growing myself up. I still get to have my feelings, but they don't drive the car (i.e. body). I feel them directly with my AWARENESS instead.

Hope this helps

xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  10:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WAVY, thank you, I love your posts , I always find them to be so helpful and I am grateful that you so willingly share what you have learned so far, I am presently reading " When the body says no" by Gabor Mate, he states that most human stress is emotional in origin, but the result is a measurable set of physical events in the body, involving the brain, the hormonal apparatus, the immune system, and many other organs; he adds that suppressed eotions have physical consequences that can result in ill health and that people can experience chronic stress with no awereness of its presence and , therefore, no ability to control it.
' When we have been prevented from learning how to say no, our bodies may end up saying it for us "
I am getting more out of this book than anything else I have read on the subject, definetely worth reading.
Go to Top of Page

sonora sky

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  12:40:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a recent thread on skin issues and TMS:

http://tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2593

ss
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  13:34:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sonora, thank's for the reminder, I don't think anyone has a bigger tendency to go back to the physical as I do , it makes me angry the way I can't seem to stick to the tms diagnosis and go from there. I recognise the stress, the anger, the hurt,in my life, yet convince myself my pain can't originate in the emotional as I can handle the emotional, I am not crying, shaking, screaming, drinking nor swallowing any pills so I must be okay, this is the old programming that keeps me in lala land, and exactly the reasons I have tms....... because I am in such denial. Will keep working at it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000