TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Fibromyalgia issues. Newbie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JaneLeslie

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  10:01:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Penny, Kether, Jim and all:
Penny that is too weird that we are going through the same thing. Don't you think so? Maybe it is not a coincidence. I am very "stuck" right now. Maybe someday we can write a book about over-sensitive mothers with TMS! SOMETHING good should come out of it. Please feel free to e-mail me privately if you want to continue to discuss. I wish we could meet for coffee. You guys are the closest thing I have to group therapy and I appreciate it.

I wonder if I am afraid that if I let my feelings "go" I will have a nervous breakdown!!!??? When I first had terrible body pain at age 24 no one understood what it was but of course it was TMS. After several months of horrible pain, blurry vision, ringing in my ears, bladder and bowel problems, etc. I stopped eating and just admitted myself to a psych. facility. The pain was so bad that I did not want to live anymore but, oddly, I did not really feel depressed. The pain went away in the hospital and I left "feeling fine" on lots of anti-depressants. I know I had no awareness then of TMS but I guess I am now afraid to "let go" of the pain. Strange. I hate the pain, but the idea of mental pain and collapse is horrible. What would my family do if I had to "go somewhere?" Things would fall-apart if I fell apart and I don't want that to happen.

I am trying to get in touch with a therapist who does long-term therapy around here whom I like. I need some help I guess. This is very demoralizing but thanks for being there. Your thoughts and prayers are welcome because the pain is still very bad.

Blessings. Have a pain-free day.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

JaneLeslie

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  10:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Penny, Kether, Jim and all:
Penny that is too weird that we are going through the same thing. Don't you think so? Maybe it is not a coincidence. I am very "stuck" right now. Maybe someday we can write a book about over-sensitive mothers with TMS! SOMETHING good should come out of it. Please feel free to e-mail me privately if you want to continue to discuss. I wish we could meet for coffee. You guys are the closest thing I have to group therapy and I appreciate it.

I wonder if I am afraid that if I let my feelings "go" I will have a nervous breakdown!!!??? When I first had terrible body pain at age 24 no one understood what it was but of course it was TMS. After several months of horrible pain, blurry vision, ringing in my ears, bladder and bowel problems, etc. I stopped eating and just admitted myself to a psych. facility. The pain was so bad that I did not want to live anymore but, oddly, I did not really feel depressed. The pain went away in the hospital and I left "feeling fine" on lots of anti-depressants. I know I had no awareness then of TMS but I guess I am now afraid to "let go" of the pain. Strange. I hate the pain, but the idea of mental pain and collapse is horrible. What would my family do if I had to "go somewhere?" Things would fall-apart if I fell apart and I don't want that to happen.

I am trying to get in touch with a therapist who does long-term therapy around here whom I like. I need some help I guess. This is very demoralizing but thanks for being there. Your thoughts and prayers are welcome because the pain is still very bad.

Blessings. Have a pain-free day.

Jane
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000