TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Journaling?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MRosenthal

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  10:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please elaborate on what to write in the journal? Also, what can I do besides think in my mind that this is just TMS. I know certain things in my life that stress me, but I don't know which really is bringing on TMS. Do I have to keep dwelling on the past? I don't really want to. I have read his books and watched the video. I still don't understand what to practice each day?

Agata

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  12:09:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to old questions. I think Dave addressed that previously.
Agata
Go to Top of Page

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  12:24:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt-My routine was to sit quietly once a day and write down events in the past that upset or angered me, be it 2 years or 40 years ago. Pretty much stream of concious. My theory is that it really doesn't matter if you hit the "correct" trigger that sent you over the edge but that by doing this you are acknowledging that your symptoms are the result of events that caused you anger or anxiety and not by something psysiological. I really don't think there is ever one event but more of a culmination of events that begin the attack. The other thing you must do is continue with your daily routine as if there was nothing wrong with you because there isn't. It's a slow process for most of us,not an overnight happening. There are a bizillion of us with "herniated discs" that have no pain from them. They are inconsequential. Take a deep breath and begin.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000