TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Breaking the conditioning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Suz

559 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  08:01:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,
I have made some amazing headway in this TMS battle - with the introduction of exercise. After journalling and reading for about a month, I felt very ready to face my running fear. I have had it in my head for so long that running causes pain that it was a real achievement for me to run. The second day I had pain but I kept on going. I feel an amazing sense of freedom and joy as I am released from the restrictions of this TMS pain.
I would like to make the same progress with my skin and digestion. My back pain has gone away now and for the last few days, my face has been breaking out like crazy.
I am convinced that I have the same problem in conditioning - but this time through diet. I have limited myself so much to not eat any sugar, dairy, grains - basically anything of sugar content as I thought it caused my skin to break out and gave me constipation. I have had this thinking pattern for 12 years now - as soon as I eat some sugar, my skin will break out within a day. This must be conditioning! My diet is extremely healthy - lots of veggies, lean protein and a little fruit and nuts. How on earth could I have bad skin in general!
I have noticed that during very relaxed periods - on vacation etc. my skin is much clearer.
I think I might take the same approach with my diet as the running - I don't want to eat junk but I want to challenge my brain - just do it without fear. At the same time, I will focus on my emotions.

If I have success in this - I wonder what dermatologists would say!
Is anyone suffering from skin issues or constipation? Have you used the same approach as your back pain?

Agata

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  09:06:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Suz
I am convinced that my skin and gastrointestinal problems are TMS.
I think watching diet, specially thinking what sugar, grains, etc. are doing to you, is similar to thinking about spinal problems in back pains. It’s conditioning in my opinion.
My TMS moves from one symptom to the other and with each time the pain or discomfort is less and less. I hope one day will never come back.
Agata
Go to Top of Page

Suz

559 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  09:20:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agata,
What kind of TMS equivalents have you been experiencing? Are any of them lingering - maybe have conditioning problems attached to them?
The diet problem is an even bigger conditioning for me than getting over fear of exercise. I follow the "blood type" diet religiously and know the doctor who designed it well. He has helped many of my friends get over really bad health complaints and he has a wealth of biochemistry data to back his theory up. He has even helped one of my friends to get pregnant after 2 years of fertility drugs not working.
I am on the brink of becoming a "blood type diet practioner". Could all of my symptoms be TMS? After all, I do the diet to an almost 100% compliancy - why still having the symptoms???
Go to Top of Page

Agata

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  13:05:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sometimes think we can go overboard with all the thinking we do about TMS. About diet, I am European breed why I eat absolutely everything. The key is to keep everything in right proportion. Also, just recently I broke the habit of treating food or meals like rituals, I grew up with that. Right now I eat good breakfast, bread, cheese, jam, eggs. I never eat cereal because I don’t like it and I don’t drink milk for the same reason. My breads are whole grain, I call them peasant breads with crust and seeds. I never could adjust to the American sliced bread. I also avoid foods with preserves, hormones or antibiotics. Preserves make me sick on my stomach.
After breakfast I don’t stick to lunch, dinner, or supper schedules. I eat only when I am hungry. Sometimes its hot meal at 10 am and nothing to the rest of the day. Another time I will get hungry at 3pm, irst time since breakfast. There are days I have meals at traditional hours and all three of them. But always only when I am hungry. You may say you are hungry all day. In my opinion that is not so. You are using food to substitute for something.
Another change I implemented in my eating habits is drinking liquids. Drink as much as you can and more, except sodas. Thank god I only like sodas occasionally. I drink a lot of tea and water. Another suggestion, find out which fruit or vegetable help you with constipation. For me is broccoli, dry figs, strawberries. We are all different and one diet fits all doesn’t work, why I don’t follow any diets. I just concentrate how my body reacts to different foods. For example, I like green salads but I can not eat them all the time or often. I don’t get sick by any means but if I overdo it, I feel discomfort.
Another thing I observed in the process of helping my digestive system was to loose the “tire” around my waist.
Listen to your body!!!
I truly believe diets are a mental conditioning. Any habit or routine is mind conditioner in my opinion. I am breaking all my habits because that way I am able to recondition my mind to deal with my personality type A. It’s working so far. My TMS is completely confused and doesn’t know anymore which symptom I am going to accept as physical. I still have symptoms from time to time but learned to deal with them.
I hope this helped.
Agata
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000