TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Physical cause to poor circulation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hazerfazer

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  19:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,
I've had RSI since around Christmas time 2005. I fit the total TMS profile - I soon got depression and OCD (more obsessive than compulsive) after getting the RSI, everything seemed to be going wrong in my life at the time, I'm very self-critical etc.. But I also have seemed to have poor circulation in my hands and feet for years (and I'm 16 BTW), so I wonder how that fits in, and what I can do about it if that is physical (which wouldn't help my RSI, would it? ). I exercise, eat right, etc.. not sure what else I can do about the circulation thing. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Luke

Can't wait to be healed!

ndb

209 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  20:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi hazerfazer,

What makes you believe that the poor circulation in your hands and feet is not another manifestation of TMS? Unless you have some reason to think it has a physical cause, why not treat it as TMS also? Depletion of blood flow is the mechanism for TMS pain. This is mentioned in all of Sarno's books, and makes me think that poor circulation is TMS.

Regards,
ndb
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  21:22:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son had RSR, groin pain, foot pain, was totally obsessed about it, bought dozens of shoes, orthotics, insoles, wrist gadget, special equipment for his computor so he would not have to type, saw chiropractors, massage therapists, physiotherapists, etc, complained of numbness in his hands and feet, he was twenty three, had a girlfriend who drove him crazy and threatened suicide every time he wanted to break up with her, I introduced him to Sarno and so convinced was he that he fit the tms profile, in no time at all his symptoms went away. He also got rid of the girlfriend. Look into what might be bothering you at the emotional level , apply Sarno and you may be surprised at how warm your feet will be again one day. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  21:29:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luke,
I have had poor circulation in my feet for most of my life. I have also noticed that when my back is very sore, this usually means my circulation is worse. Poor circulation is fundamentally what TMS is, there is nothing wrong with you physically. You need to understand that!

you said,
I'm very self-critical
everything going wrong all my life. Hmmm let me guess. You worry heaps, you want success, you strive hard, maybe you're not sure what you want to do, and you REPRESS your emotions.

I'm gonna be bold here. Personally I think you're too young to have RSI. Get that rubbish out of your head mate, or you'll be a victim for the rest of your life. You have TMS!!! I got told that I had spinal degeneration at 22, he even showed me in a x-ray. It's all BS my friend.
1. Learn how not to repress you emotions, buy this book runningpain.com
2. Learn how to clear your emotional blocks. Use KarmaYoga in this book "absolute Happiness"
3. Don't stress!! It's not the end of the world, you just need the tools to release the pain.
4. Keep your chin up, when you're done with this you'll be a wise and very strong young man..........and that's a good thing!

Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  12:57:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luke,

I advise not worrying about your circulation for now -- do the TMS work and see what happens! Your symptoms sound like classic RSI/TMS, just like mine. I got depressed, then got RSI, which is the opposite order, but when they go together either way it's a major TMS sign.

Good luck!

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  18:03:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Luke,

All the replies you have here give great advice.

The obsessive part goes with the goodist/perfectionist. As Herb Cohen says, "Care, but not too much". So, chill out.

Remember, you are not morally obligated to solve everything for everybody. I made that mistake for a long time. Be a good person, of course. Just don't broadcast it upon the world at large.

Have you read any of Sarno's books? If not, proceed to. Start with The Mindbody Prescription, by Dr. John E. Sarno.

Take care, -Stryder
Go to Top of Page

hazerfazer

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  15:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. Could my wrist cracking a lot also be part of this TMS?

Can't wait to be healed!
Go to Top of Page

ndb

209 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  16:55:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hazerfazer

Thanks guys. Could my wrist cracking a lot also be part of this TMS?

Definitely TMS..my shoulders used to crack a lot. I don't know if this is true, but someone I know once told me cracking is a sign of bad circulation.
Go to Top of Page

hazerfazer

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2006 :  09:09:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's another thing that's scaring me now. I got a couple minor cuts/scrapes almost a month ago and they're still not completely healed. That seems like a very long amount of time.

Can't wait to be healed!
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  10:47:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
There's another thing that's scaring me now. I got a couple minor cuts/scrapes almost a month ago and they're still not completely healed. That seems like a very long amount of time.

If this is scaring you, it's a strong sign that you're a worrier. Worrying is a classic characteristic of those with TMS (anxiety is an affective equivalent of TMS, in fact). So, ironically, your worry is a sign that you shouldn't worry.

Cuts and scrapes are not life-threatening; they're not even employment-threatening (unlike RSI). So worrying about them is obviously serving a different psychological purpose: to distract you from your real feelings. Keep up the Sarno work of uncovering those true feelings, and remember that TMS is a benign, though painful, condition; it can't hurt you, so you have no need to worry about it, nor accommodate to it.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000