TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Major Breakfast Breakthrough
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  10:48:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like a slow labor day on the TMS Board. Might as well get things going with a slightly O-T post. It's been a little while since Karen's, "Al Gore GW", 20 page marathon has been cosmicly repressed--and I miss the attention.

I have been experienceing some slight TMS tension because my favorite PoP-Tart flavor, Cinnamon Roll, has disappeared from the supermarket shelves. This is no doubt due to a conspiraacy of some sort. Apple Strudel was the closest flavor to it and the frosted ones are too narcisisiticly sweet.

Someone left me some Trader Joe's crumpets and I swiped them for some digestive experimentation. I'm pleased to report no IBS symptoms.

A crumpet is kinda-like an English muffin, but rubbery. They are only 60 calories and about another 50 more with a tablespoon of marmalade or key-lime curd.

This has improved my TMS inner-tension ratio. I've let go of my rage at Safeway for no longer stocking my favorite Pop-Tart and my day gets off to a soothing start. Crumpets also makes for much better banter at cocktail parties than Pop-Tarts do.

This breakthrough also ties in well with my upcoming vacation to Canada. I assume Canada is crumpet country.

But, I will NEVER take another bite of steak and kidney pie! I am convinced it was the trigger for my TMS.

Cheers

jrnythpst

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  11:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom I think steak and kidney pie would be culprit to many things that might ail you. Crumpet sounds more Englandish to me than Canada but I could be wrong. I love this post though, it's so out there yet so dead on. LOL I'm surprised you didn't ask anyone to mail cinnamon roll pop tarts to you if they found them. Anyway getting to head to town with my mom and sister. Figured I would do a quick message check before I went. Cheers back.

Hugs,
Ali Cat
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  11:12:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought only pot heads in the throes of a serious "munchies" attack ate pop-tarts these days...

I'm starting to wonder about you, TT....
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  11:14:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, you will not be able to order trumpets in a Canadien restaurant, however you will find them in any of our grocery stores, maybe you can bring your own toaster to plug into your hotel room , add a little Quebec maple syrup and you are in for a treat that will make forget all about your pop tart heartbreak. Bonne chance!
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  11:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Art as far as the nutritional value in a pop tart is probably under zero, at least with the French maple syrup you may get a sugar rush and a sudden urge to say " Comment ca va? " or " Voulez vous coucher avec moi? " Careful with that one though it may land you a black eye, then again it may land you a French tart that will make you forget your English trumpets!
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  12:31:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miche,

Maple syrup on the trumpet might make fingering a bit sticky.

"Voulez vous coucher avec moi pour petiit dejeuner," sounds bedder.

Au revoir mon petit choux,
tt
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  13:13:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Plenty of crumpets over here. Just be careful you don't tell a female you want some crumpet, though, or you could also end up with a black eye.

Hilary N

Edited by - HilaryN on 09/05/2006 13:05:38
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  13:25:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Tom, it could become sticky
YOU SAID:
Au revoir mon petit choux,
I AM IMPRESSED! SO VERY FRENCH! YOU CAN BE SWEET AFTER ALL !
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  13:37:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HilaryN

Plenty of crumpets over here. Just be careful you don't tell a female you want some crumpet, though, or you could also end up with a black eye.

Hilary N

Not sure what it means exactly to do that, though I do have the feeling I'd probaby like whatever it is I'd be asking for..
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  13:48:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I AM IMPRESSED! SO VERY FRENCH! YOU CAN BE SWEET AFTER ALL !"
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's keep that between us, Miche, I would hate to ruin my monsterous reputation.

tt
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  15:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, what an epiphany, to come upon a new breakfast treat and have no TMS symptoms. What progress! Good for you, thanks for the comic relief!
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  16:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
art,

Yes, I'm sure you would. It's along the lines of "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?"

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

almost there

109 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  17:49:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tennis Tom,
Thanks for the post.....I was away for a week....leaving in the heat of the battle during the Al Gore GW saga! When I returned and tuned in....nothing....all had vanished as if it had never taken place.....what happened....how did it all end.....or did Dave end it?I will look for cinnamon roll pop-tarts in my ShopRite!
Go to Top of Page

jrnythpst

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  18:03:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's it Hilary!!!! He can put some (Lady) Marmelade on his crumpets while he is at it!!!! For those of you that didn't get what Hilary said in French to Art, you might not get this one either. But for those of you that thought it was on the tip of your tongue what it might be, this might be the aha moment you were looking for. LOL

Hugs,
Ali Cat
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  18:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Art, Tom, down boys,Art you are showing a lot of tongue on these faces
Hillary and Alleycat, I think the boys are more interested in what may happen prior to breakfast and how they may build an appetite for crumpets, but then again we may be on to something here, lets all get together and pool our money, we could open a tms spa, Gay Paris is a little far , Louisiana is out of the question, but Quebec might work, enough trumpets in the works , a lot of voulez vous coucher avec moi and you guys might forget what ails you, you may still hurt but you won't care, as for us girls, we will be in charge of the financial revenues, petty sure we can forget about our aches and pains when we board the ship for the next cruise and leave you guys behind, after all it should be a team effort, don't you agree?
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  18:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OH OH , NOW i AM GETTING MY TRUMPETS AND MY CRUMPETS MIXED UP, NOT A GOOD WAY TO START A BUSINESS, maybe we could have trumpet players for the ladies, music is good for the soul! I think I feel a healing coming on.
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  10:53:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
miche wrote
quote:
Art you are showing a lot of tongue on these faces

I actually kinda look like this guy in real life...only with ears and hair

quote:
art,

Yes, I'm sure you would. It's along the lines of "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?"

And as for you Miss Hillary...careful...I can be had quite cheaply you know...

Edited by - art on 09/05/2006 10:57:11
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  12:44:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now, now!

Miche, I thought the trumpet was accidental until kether’s post – then I wondered!

I do like the little tongue faces.

Ali Cat I’m afraid (Lady) Marmelade is lost on me too.

Hilary N

Edited by - HilaryN on 09/05/2006 12:50:31
Go to Top of Page

jrnythpst

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  14:37:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Hilary....I thought you were referencing the Movie "Moulin Rouge" the song "lady marmalade" uses the lines "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?" several times in it.

Miche sounds like a plan. But we mustn't forget muzzles and leashes (with tennis ball designs on them of course for one , and the sun design on the other) for Tom and Art!!!

Well if the guys are perverted enough I guess trumpets or crumpets would work!

Hugs,
Ali Cat
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  14:47:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This post is going nowhere girls, I guess the guys are not perverted enough after all, all crumpets and no action!
Go to Top of Page

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  15:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, Thanks so much for creating a thread for us all to get together and chat about "just stuff" for a while.

I really missed the Al Gore thread, and it wasn't just to see how Art was going to attack you next. OK, I'm in trouble for that one.

Pop Tarts for breakfast. Wow, to be able to un-learn everything I know about nutrition and go back to eating Pop Tarts for breakfast again. Makes my mouth water.

To the Trumpets, Crumpets and Strumpets in all of our lives.

Beth
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000