TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 phobias
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phyllis

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  02:42:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a newbie in UK reading some of the posts with amazement.
Has anyone been cured of claustrophobia. I was locked in a room as a child with abusive foster parents and have fought cl/phobia all my life. Only yesterday I thought I was locked in a public loo and had a panic attack. I do not usually lock loos when I am out which has resulted in some embarrassing moments to say the least!

I am STILL awaiting delivery of my book (I launch myself at the postman daily!).

I still find it amazing that there are thousands of you who have had horrible pain and are now 'cured'. I know I have to clear my mind of these doubts before I start the book!

My pains and symptoms are not that bad, the low back pain is not with me all the time. It just catches my breath when I put my shoes on sometimes. As I was locked in my room at night as a child I do not like nights and have nightmares. I also only ever sleep for about 5 - 6 hours, but I have learned to be OK with that.

Good luck to you all!

ndb

209 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  05:47:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Phyllis,

There is also an audio version of 'Healing Back Pain' which is available online for download. I got it from www.audible.com. Should you want to listen to something right away. You are right about how amazing it is that people banish their pain. All of my symptoms are gone, and at the back of my mind is always the thought of how lucky I was to stumble onto Sarno.

Best,
ndb
Go to Top of Page

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  09:04:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Physllis wrote
quote:
I know I have to clear my mind of these doubts before I start the book!

No, no! That's not necessary. The book will help you dispell the doubts.

PS sorry for my uninformed post to your other subject asking if you got the book yet. Obviously you didn.t

ndb has a great idea with the download. When I bought Sarno's book (The Mindbody Perscription) I bought a downloadable copy off of Amazon. I didn't have to wait at all. It was great, because I could read it at work when I flared up.

Regards,

Beth
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000