TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Question for Singer_Artist About Don Dubin?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  00:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Karen,

I recommended talking with Don Dubin a TMS psycho-therapist when you first came on the board. I recall you had several phone sessions with him. I am curious from a TMS perspective what your general thoughts are on if it was helpful?

People often come to this board looking for referals to TMS therapists. There are only a handful on the planet, so phone work is about the only choice for many. I did about 12 sessions with him about 10 by phone.

Just curious if you are still working with him and your thoughts on it's effectiveness from a TMS perspective.

Regards,
tt

Edited by - tennis tom on 08/29/2006 02:05:09

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  07:06:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not that you asked, but I had a single session with Don Dubin. That was just after I experienced the "flipping of the switch" that led me to be cured, so I wasn't really in too bad of a need.

I did find it soothing to discuss TMS and my issues with somebody who didn't need trained, but I'm sure you already know this having had multiple sessions with him.

Don was also, very reasonable about returning money to me for unused sessions, as I cancelled two of the three I originally scheduled because I got well.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  08:56:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,
I did 6 phone sessions with Don Dubin...I found them to be very helpful...He is extremely well versed in TMS and has a wonderful compassionate heart...The best part for me was that I felt comfortable crying during the sessions...That is rare for me...I have issues about crying in front of people, always did...It happens but not easily...So we stayed in what I was feeling in the Now and I believe that contributed to my healing overall...I am still not where I want to be, still having neck/knee and sometimes foot limitations and pains...I stopped the sessions awhile ago because I could not afford any more, otherwise I would have continued...The new relationship and the upcoming concert I am playing keyboards and singing at is bitter sweet...I am excited and the distraction of rehearsal is good,,,but even positive changes can be tough to swallow from a TMS perspective...I will be going from just sporatic performances that past 3 yrs to performing in front of 8000 people in a big outdoor event in NY on the 16th of Sept...Whew...talk about pressure! I am doing my best to stay on top of it and not allow the Gremlin to sabotage me...I will be in NY from Sept. 12th til January and hope to eventually start a TMS support group back home...
God bless,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  09:31:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply Karen. Sounds like you are headed in a positive direction. Keep up the good work!
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  10:53:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're welcome Tom...It feels good to be on a good note with you again...:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000