TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Hurricanes Heal TMS!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JayP

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2004 :  07:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that I've lived through two hurricanes in Florida this year, one of which I had to evacuate for, I can tell you that hurricanes truly heal TMS! It has been said on the Forum that if you focus on other things your TMS lessens and in some cases disappears altogether. Well, when you're worried about whether or not you'll have a house to live in, food to eat, enough water and gas, your mind certainly takes on a completely different focus--survival. My TMS acted up a bit while getting our house shuttered and prepared since the shear stress of it all really got to me. But once on our way with my elderly parents, my back simply "released" and I've been pain free since. Even the stiffness has abated.
Now my focus is simply being able to get out of the state for a much needed vacation in Italy because another storm is on its way!
This whole experience has taught me how important focus really is to our healing process. We need to keep ourselves busy and not "drift" through our days. Whoever on the Forum said that, bravo! You hit the nail on the head!
JayP

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2004 :  09:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good post JayP, you've gained excellent, firsthand knowledge of the nature and process of TMS. I had a somewhat similar insight into TMS this year when my TMS pain moved from my hip to my neck/shoulder for a week and then returned to my hip. I payed attention to what was going on that week and gained great personal insight into the process.

It seems that the nature of life itself requires us psychologicaly to create distractions from our ultimate reality--perhaps having to ccme to grips with our ultimate death. Your "cure" proves Sarno's theory again. If it were stuctural you would not be able to function physically to do what you had to to escape the hurricanes.

Modern medicine has done a great deal of damage to our confidence in self-healing. The white-coats purport to show us "proof-positive" that we suffer from irreprable physical degeneration. They have instilled FEAR through the "proof-positive" shown in x-rays, mri's and scans. They seem to know what they are talking about. If they showed any doubt in their diagnoses, their wallets would take a big hit. There's no money to be made in saying, "Your pain is caused by normal aging processes like arthritis and normal life stess is it's volume control. Don't worry about it, it's the same for everyone and it'll get better in two weeks".

Enjoy your vacation JayP, it sounds like you've earned it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000