TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Back Pain, Chest Pressure & Counselling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kutto

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  03:57:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I am new here and in fact just a few hours ago came across TMS for the first time on the web.

I am 31 and in counselling dealing with emotional issues that date back probably as long as 20 years but am having great trouble "feeling" and connecting with these emotions as they have been repressed for so long.

I have only realised through counselling that I have had these repressed emotions in the last few months and am working hard to 'dig them out'. I have had intermittent back pain for years but in the past couple of months as I have been really trying to face difficult emotions my back pain has really intensified.

In fact it has become more of a problem than the emotions as it saps so much energy and is so hard for me to work each day with it has become a real barrier to emotional progress. I know my subconscious mind does not want me to feel these emotions of sadness and anger.

I had suspected the back pain was indirectly related to my emotional state but maybe I am suffering from TMS and in fact the very reason the pain is getting stronger is because I am getting closer to these emotions - Does this make sense?

I am also getting a lot of pressure in my lower chest and diaphram. I have not suspected these are 'real' or physical in nature because they fade and move around at times to different parts of my back and chest.

I now spend much of my time trying to live with the back and chest pressure it and have become quite afraid of it - particularly the pressure in my chest which is particularly strong when I am trying to concentrate at work.

Question is - What to do about it?

Simon

larkascending

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  08:05:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kutto,
Your story sound similar to my own. My back pain developed after I went into therapy - obviously my subconscious not wanting to deal with issues. Then I too developed chest tightness and pain. But, once I started really focusing on the pain being TMS, the chest pain disappeared. I am still working on the back pain, but progressing slowly but surely. Do see a doctor about the chest pain - just for the reassurance. Good Luck,
Lark.
Go to Top of Page

Kutto

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  23:19:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I would have to say in the last two days since reading about TMS my pain issues have reduced by about 60-70% and have had the best two days in quite a while.

I spoke to my doctor about the chest issues - He has been aware of my anxiety issues for over 10 years and agrees that there is no physical basis to the problem.

Now to get the books...

Simon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000