TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS Explanation, Etc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lmvine

27 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  16:48:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best short explanation for TMS that I have seen: "Stress and negative emotions aren’t just in our heads, they are stored in our bodies, often in skeletal or smooth muscles. It’s hard for blood to flow through chronically tensed muscles.”

Above from here: http://chetday.com/eftpainrelief.htm

EFT deals with emotions and TMS is caused by emotions. Sounds reasonable. Dan

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  20:03:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx for the this Lmvine...I wish I could find a good practictioner of EFT in this town (Vegas)...I tried to in the past but could not...Seems they are mostly in California...
~Karen
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  20:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No no no ... you don't wish you could find a good practitioner of EFT.

Stop looking for a magic bullet.

I don't wish to start a(nother) debate here, but EFT is pseudoscience. You don't need any gimmicks to get relief from TMS.

1. Repudiate the structural diagnoses.

2. Think psychological.

3. Resume physical activity when you are ready.

4. Repeat forever.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  22:02:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I respect your opinion Dave, thanx for telling me what you think...I don't see it as you starting a debate...no worries there..I have someone named Joyful on here who is really trying to get my goat...But I realize it's her stuff and not mine...I didn't know that EFT would be counterproductive in TMS recovery..because it isn't a physical fix...it is a technique (I am told) for assessing inner emotions...But anyway..as i said..I respect your opinion very highly..THanx..
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  18:20:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe there was a recent thread on either the same thing or a very similar thing -- something about eye movements, tapping, and reprogramming. There were a lot of opinions expressed in the thread.

I don't really think it makes any sense, except I think people are persuaded by it and thus it works for them because they think it will.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  20:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm I'm no expert at this but I have to say that I'm backing Dave all the way this. I think 'yous guys' (aussie slang) are missin the point. Don't look for a complicated solution. I had therapy to clear out the past, yeah it helped but what has helped me more is focusing on here and now, the stress and emotions I generate from day to day. It doesn't really matter WHAT emotions one generates, as long as you focus on, feel, allow and explore why you're getting them. DON'T JUDGE yourself on the way you feel about something. Write about it, day and night. I have been doing this and it's been great. If you're already doing this and you still feel pain, don't dismiss the process! It's YOU, you're not doing it right. I did it wrong for about 5 years and only now saw what I was missing. One little things turned it all around. If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. The process works and many have proved that, one just needs to try the same process with a different approach......a twist of lime so to speak. Dave hit it right on the head, if you look to the outside for help you'll justify whats happening in your head. The answer is inside you........wow that's profound and hippie like. I'm off to smoke grass, kiss frogs and hug trees maaaaaaaann

Edited by - Darko on 07/11/2006 21:48:26
Go to Top of Page

bdystore

18 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  22:01:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Want to get in touch with some of that mind/body stuff? Try massage therapy.

**If you cant change your mind, you cant change anything**

Edited by - bdystore on 07/11/2006 22:03:10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000