TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 weird example
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jilly_girl

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  15:33:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
couldnt sleep last night so watched a bit of the Discovery Channel. there was this program on rare medical conditions. it talked a bit about the mind/body connection. this one guy became interested in seeing how he could defeat pain. so he sticks an iv in his forehead and lets saline solution run in, causing his forehead to bulge way out. he then goes out to gross out people, one of his favorite tricks being to push in thumb in his swollen forehead, leaving a huge dent. now this is a weirdo with issues for sure, but i thought it was rather fascinating how the guy works through pain that would knock most out.

Jill

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  16:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It takes a bit to make me laugh out loud when I'm alone these days, but the image of this guy and his forehead did the trick for me...

But Jilly, I'm not clear on how this defeated his pain..You mean, just by distracting himself from it?
Go to Top of Page

jilly_girl

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  17:55:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey art...he just wanted to experiment with the mind/body issue. so he inflicted pain by pumping his head full of saline . one has to wonder how he even came up with such a notion. he also enjoyed peoples reaction to it, which ranged from grossed out to amazed.

Jill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000