TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Blow By BLOW by Blow by BLOW !!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  22:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the new people...to look forward to.

So...I'm standing on top of a series of ramps...they call it a Pyramid. I have always wondered in my many trips to this particular skateboard park why NO one ever drops in (rolls down) these particular ramps.They are opportunistically angled at a really fun opposite wall to skate...

So...at 40 years old,WTF???

I drop in and immediately my wheels freeze at the bottom of the first ramp and I am thrown hip first onto the floor with the full weight of my body times whatever speed I'm traveling...ouch.

...it's not over though because I had just enough speed to keep sliding (headfirst) upside down the entire length of the SECOND ramp which cruelly and unmercifully guides me down with almost the same amount of force on my shoulder....ouch again.

Since recovering from TMS,I have been hit in the spine with an 80mph baseball.I have flipped end over end on my mountain bike and been deposited on my back.I had an entire TV film set collapse on me at work...None of those EVER hurt as bad as this debacle last night.I now know why No one ever uses those ramps....ouch.

I couldn't decide which hurt worse.It felt like I had simultaneously been kicked by a mule in the hip,while his owner(Mike Piazza) hit me in the shoulder with a bat.This is NOT TMS....I have a small cantaloupe growing out of my hip this morning,and I'm sure underneath the tattoo on my left arm I'm severely bruised....ouch.

I was told by everyone who witnessed my incident that 'I would feel it tomorrow"...they're only 12 to 14 year olds and they are already indoctrinated into the mythology!!!!.....Joseph Campbell would be ecstatic.

So at work today while I'm sanding,lifting ,crawling,reaching I focus my mind almost unceasingly on a man who insulted me on another forum regarding my religious beliefs and my conduct as regards to parenting and being a role model...I am Sooo angry with a man I've never even met,....what am I ,six??? YES>>>YES>>>> YES>>>>>

That is why I'm sitting here painfree 24 hours after the worst accident I've had in perhaps the last decade?? Because I'm 6 ! I don;t ACT like I'm six...but after careful practice and introspection I can allow myself to FEEL like I'm 6....In reality I probably act about 12,but that's another post altogether.

I was really hurt emotionally by a man I respected,a man who had done me some favors(shame) a man I looked up to (loneliness/outcast)

I can FEEL all that stuff and it is NOT pleasant.

But never once today did I think about the welts on my body (well...once when I was carrying a ladder it banged into it....ouch)

You get the point.Because I got up this morning and was vigilant knowing all the tricks,traps and snares my mind can set for me I took extra precaution against the 'wallpaper' of adulthood ,made myself 6 emotionally and subjected myself to all the emotional outpouring I could feel...and my body cooperated and gave me no grief.

You too will recover,get involved/obsessed with whatever YOUR deal is and get to go through these same processes....because we're not really all that different.

BE SIX>>>>>>>it works so much better than the adult.

Oh yeah...I'm going back for more on Thursday.

-piggy

--

Jim1999

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  22:14:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baseball65

I drop in and immediately my wheels freeze at the bottom of the first ramp and I am thrown hip first onto the floor with the full weight of my body times whatever speed I'm traveling...ouch.
I couldn't decide which hurt worse.It felt like I had simultaneously been kicked by a mule in the hip,while his owner(Mike Piazza) hit me in the shoulder with a bat.This is NOT TMS....I have a small cantaloupe growing out of my hip this morning,and I'm sure underneath the tattoo on my left arm I'm severely bruised....ouch.
So at work today while I'm sanding,lifting ,crawling,reaching I focus my mind almost unceasingly on a man who insulted me
Baseball,

I'm glad to hear of your confidence that your accident shouldn't cause chronic pain. However, I'm concerned that you're taking it a little too far. (No, I haven't reverted to Cartesian medicine.)

When I had a partial fracture of my elbow, it swelled up like you describe. It only really hurt when I moved it certain ways or bumped it. Your situation has some similarities. I don't know whether you might have broken something, but with that much swelling, I think you should see a doctor and get some X-rays.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  23:03:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jim1999

I'm glad to hear of your confidence that your accident shouldn't cause chronic pain. However, I'm concerned that you're taking it a little too far. (No, I haven't reverted to Cartesian medicine.)
I don't know whether you might have broken something, but with that much swelling, I think you should see a doctor and get some X-rays.

Jim

Hi Jim.
when it happened,the pain was so intense in my shoulder that I was certain I had pulled it out of the socket.Later,the hip was more painful.

However,as of this post,the swelling has gone down a lot...I took Ibuprophens all day..not for pain,just to keep the thing from growing.I appreciate the concern,but when I used to play ball I spent a lot of Monday mornings getting X-rays (usually on the hand) and they invariably came up negative,so based on that experience I usually wait a couple of days....just to make sure.

I almost forgot about it today (Yes...I went out and skated today)..until I rested a ladder I was carrying on the hip...ouch.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Now as far as taking it too far.....you might have a point,but it is sooooo fun I couldn't imagine not doing it...and remember,even Sarno says we have to return to activity,no matter how vigorous.I'm always afraid if I was careful,I might start that 'physicophobia 'deal he speaks of.

Thanks

Baseball65

-
Go to Top of Page

Jim1999

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  23:29:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseball,

When I said "taking it a little too far", I meant in assuming that the pain and swelling must be mostly TMS, rather than having a structural cause. I still think you should see a doctor before skateboarding again so soon after your fall.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

gevorgyan

115 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  03:39:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me not be agree with you Jim,
Just have a read “Instant Heeling”, where the author prove that the man can self- heel f.e. broken bone within one hour. It is just matter of thinking. If you are strong enough to not allow your mind to keep the illness - you win.
My other has broken the knee in 3 places – because of fall down and she just walked it off.
The x-ray was done some years later. She is 70 years old and she has no spent one single day lying in the bed.
Go to Top of Page

Becca

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  07:06:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took you advice and acted like I was emotionally six years old last nigh when I was in the midst of terrible neck and shoulder pain. It was great. I felt some new emotions come out. Namely I got really mad. It was teh first time that I spontaneouly felt unchecked anger in a long time. I ususally overanalyze my reactions to situations and it becomes impossible to tell how I really feel. I rationalize my fear and anger away instead of feeling it. Thanks-R
Go to Top of Page

gevorgyan

115 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  09:08:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok. Guys but how to do this, I mean technically. How to act the six?
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  13:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gevorgyan

Go in to the kitchen and get yourself your favorite snack.

Just as you are about to take a bite, your brother takes it from you and eats it himself.

What is your reaction? Do you...

(A) Stare at him and say nothing.

(B) Leave the room.

(C) Calmly say: "Why did you do that?"

(D) Scream: "HEY! That's M-I-N-E!!!!!!!!!!!! Give it back!"

If you answer is (D) then you are acting SIX.

So, when something happens you don't like, imagine what the SIX year old's reaction would be and play THAT in your mind.

Take care, -Stryder
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  20:31:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stryder

quote:
Originally posted by gevorgyan

Go in to the kitchen and get yourself your favorite snack.

Just as you are about to take a bite, your brother takes it from you and eats it himself.

What is your reaction? Do you...

(A) Stare at him and say nothing.

(B) Leave the room.

(C) Calmly say: "Why did you do that?"

(D) Scream: "HEY! That's M-I-N-E!!!!!!!!!!!! Give it back!"

If you answer is (D) then you are acting SIX.

So, when something happens you don't like, imagine what the SIX year old's reaction would be and play THAT in your mind.

Take care, -Stryder

That's about all there is to it...the miracle is..you don't have to act on it..just know it's there.

Today at work,a man I really like got a little short with me because I was doing too GOOD of a job and it wasn't being done the way he wanted.He was tring to save money on materials,so he wanted me to put a real thin coat of paint on a wall,rather than an even good coat.

The rational part of my Brain says "Don't get angry Marc...he's just a little strung out on his budget,can't afford to pay you to do it right and just wants a quick once over,not the bEVERLY HILLS version"

If I let that be the end of it,it's a TMS formula.

The 6 year old said (in my head of course)

"F-You..!! You don't know what the F your talking about...your a fking carpenter,and don't know the first thing about painting...your worried about material expense?? DUMMY..by not spending more on materials your going to end up spending more on labor...FK this..I'm outta' here...I'm going somewhere where they want it done perfectly!!:"

that's the 6 year old.You have to let him have his say...he doesn't have to act though...merely acknowledging that he's there is sufficient.

-p
Go to Top of Page

gevorgyan

115 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2005 :  04:49:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, guys but if you really used word “****ing” at being six years old…
I am catching your point but “being six again” is not universal point. Let me explain: at the year of six I felt strongly controlled by parents. I was sad, sickly girl strongly convinced (by my brother) that I am very ugly. I have been already not assertive at all. I really do not want to be six again, but…
Sarno says: our mind can be divided on: the parent, the adult and the child. For whom who know a little anatomy of human brain there is another but similar division: homo sapiens, mammal and reptile.
Your “six” is the reptile, who wants to be save, not hungry, free and can defend himself.
For me would be better to act the crocodile who is not “****ing” in mind but who want to bite the enemy. IMO the strongest problem for the reptile is lack of freedom. What do you think about it?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000