TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 T.G.A and T.M.S?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dctexman

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  21:29:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about T.G.A?? Transient Global Amnesia, anyone ever heard of it? Does T.M.S include it as one of it's many forms? My step mother just had an episode of sudden loss of memory and was admitted to the E.R and put thru every test imagineable. Nothing was found, no stroke, no neruological problems nothing. She was aware of who she was and where she lived but could not tell you what day it was or where she was or what the Dr's name was she was seeing at the moment. I was just wondering if anyone had ever heard of T.G.A. and if anyone had applied the T.M.S approach to it with any sucess. In my view my Step mother is a walking poster woman for T.M.S but she does not believe in it! She suffers from iritable bowl, spastic colin,carpal tunel syndrome, and pain all over her body....

any thoughts.

Todd

molomaf

119 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  13:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is she taking any statin drugs? This happened to a neighbor and he had no short term memory for several hours.
This IS one of the side effects of statins.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

n/a

560 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  09:00:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The iritable bowl, spastic colin, carpal tunel syndrome, and pain all over her body symptions are all TMS or TMS eqivalents which Dr. Sarno discusses and has successfully treated. I do not know about this other symptom though. I believe my mom too has TMS but she will not accept the diagnosis. She has a lot of pain in her leg but after many probing testing nothing was found to explain the pain. Interestingly, she gets the pain only when she is in bed at night and acutally dreads going to bed, but she is fine during the day. If you knew my mom like I know her would would see her as a classic TMS candidate. I never saw anyone worry about things like her and she is a very sensitive person who can be hurt easily.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000