TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Back Pain Won't Go Away
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gioux

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  14:17:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all - so I am doing well but also not doing so well. I have been getting through my knee and shoulder pain and am back biking and swimming. But, ever since getting mostly over the knee and shoulder, my back has been hurting quite a bit. I know this is typical TMS, but this has now been going on and ranging from really bad pain to minor pain for almost 2 months now. I have kept doing things and I absolutely know it is TMS/tension-induced. I also know I have a lot of tension-inducers right now. I need to figure out why my mind is digging in so deep and not letting go even though I know what is going on.

I write in my journal, though probably not enough. It seems like I really need to take things to the next level, perhaps through meditation, but that's hard to get started on. Does anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone ever taken a meditation class that was helpful? Other ideas? Thanks!

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  05:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You seem fairly tuned in to what you need to do..The journal and quiet time is probably it.

Most of us eventually find our own answers right there inside of us.Meditation is a good thing,but unless it's purpose is to get you in tune with suppressed rage,might just become another placebo...you don't wan't that.

If you've been diligent about self examination and are totally blocked it might be time for therapeutic help in uncovering some of yourself.No shame in it,but it seems like most of us always think of it as a 'last resort'...if more of us did it as a first resort,we probably wouldn't resorting to as many alternatives.

-piggy

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
Go to Top of Page

Jim1999

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  22:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The typical meditation class will just teach you to focus on nothing as a way to relax. I don't see how that would help deal with repressed emotions. "Freedom from Fibromyalgia" by Selfridge and Peterson has a section on using meditation to treat TMS. The meditation technique in "Freedom" is focused on repressed emotions, so it might be worth considering. I haven't met anyone who has used their technique successfully, though.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

n/a

560 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  09:04:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What were you obsessing about before you were in pain? I ask that because TMS people, like me, are always looking for something to obssess about. Remember, our obssession are almost always distrations from what is really going on inside of us.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000