TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 new to tms, old to pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anne

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  18:50:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I've had neck pain off and on for 12 years since a car ax. The pain always starts after a
pull, overdo or an accident. I'm thinking now I have tms but I'm having problem with believing it.
If you get psychotherapy do you go to anyone or one that specializes in this? Clueless.
Can anyone help me out.

Edited by - anne on 12/13/2005 08:25:26

JohnD

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  19:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did you read Sarno's book yet?
Go to Top of Page

anne

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  08:31:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I'm reading his healing back pain and viewed his video. I guess I'm judging myself on this emotional problem and don't know how to make sure I'm doing this right. I have IBS,
heartburn... other signs of tms so am I really bad off? Can all of this be because of rage?
I was told my heartburn was from the stomach lining being destoried by anti-inflammatories.
I ordered his other book. How long does it take to sink in?
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  08:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Ann. You're on the right track. After 12 years...perhaps after 12 weeks..that initial injury should have healed. IBS, heartburn are excellent TMS candidates.

You're doing all the right things. Reading, posting to the forum, thinking about your situation.

We all proceed at our own pace. Some get it sooner, some a little later, but almost everyone heals. Honest. Very few people find their way here who don't belong here.

In answer to your question about rage, "yes."
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  09:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Anne,

Some people "get it" right away and others it takes a while for the TMS diagnosis to become accepted.

Yes, you are correct, unconscious rage is the culprit here.

You are better off seeing a psychotherpist who is familiar and agrees with Dr Sarno's program. Some people never have to go to this step. I might suggest you give yourself 3 to 6 months of "doing the work" in the books before you go to the expense of therapy. Journal. Post here in the forum. See how it goes.

Don't get discouraged if you find that you have minor setbacks after periods of improvement. This is very common. Also common is the pain moving around to different locations as you progress.

Take care, -Stryder

Go to Top of Page

anne

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  11:49:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your support ---- I guess after years of doctors saying this is because of that and don't do that anymore I'm almost relieved it could rage. I'm still reading and trying to let it sink in. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

n/a

560 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  14:21:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guess what? Dr. Sarno believes there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO such thing as whiplash. It is TMS, period.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000